Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Parting Zermatt/Black script 924S 1987

I posted a few weeks ago about the possibility of parting this car. Turns out a cracked block so I am parting it now. All body parts good (header panel damaged but I have another one in Zermatt), interior very clean, slight pulling of seam on DS seat bottom shows white stitching a little but no splits. Piping on bolster is worn but otherwise very nice Script seats with little to no staining or fading like you normally see.

Car is 100% complete as of now. I'm going to start taking parts off today and will start with first requests......

Located in Pittsburgh, PA and may be willing to meet/deliver bulky parts to cut down on shipping costs....

Last edited by Todd951968; 07-25-2017 at 08:39 AM..
Old 07-25-2017, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Before you tear apart this rather nice 924S, have you offered the entire car for sale?

I realize this 924S will require significant work to restore, but there are individuals out there who have the resources to accomplish that.

It's a shame to see a fairly nice survivor get put down.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauld_94S2 View Post
Before you tear apart this rather nice 924S, have you offered the entire car for sale?

I realize this 924S will require significant work to restore, but there are individuals out there who have the resources to accomplish that.

It's a shame to see a fairly nice survivor get put down.

I agree. I am one of the guys who purchased it from the PO who had given up but wanted to try to save it. He was a Pontiac guy and knew nothing about Porsches. I tried to revive the car. The PO changed the head gasket TWICE! I changed it a THIRD time, changed the oil cooler, had the head checked out. Still leaks. So, must be a cracked block. The car had been listed whole, locally, that is how I got the car. There is not a local interest for it. Though, my parting it here does not preclude anyone from making an offer on the entire car. I am unable/unwilling to put a new engine in it, unfortunately. I did notice smoke from the glove box/console area when I did have it running. It had a previous water leak from the battery box. So perhaps there is some electrical damage, as well.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: