Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1989 944 Turbo and S2 owner's manuals

Somehow, I was bequeathed a stack of these -- ten in all -- plus two warranty books. Of those ten, two are very nice (9.5/10) and eight have been subjected to moisture (6.5/10). The moisture-damaged manuals (in first photo) show some waviness in the covers and pages, but none of the pages are stuck together or otherwise deteriorated, and there's no smell. For concours cars, they're not good enough. But for the glove compartment, they're perfect. The two manuals that escaped the moisture damage are very nice, though (photos 2, 3, and 4), as are the warranty books (photo 5). The manuals don't state what year they're for. Print date is June 1989, which is pretty late for a 1989 model, unless they were printed later for sale as spares. But that print date seems early for a 1990 model. The warranty books state they're for a 1989 model.

You can have the whole lot of them -- 10 manuals and 2 warranty books -- for $35 shipped. That's just enough to fund shipping them (within the US) and to motivate me not to throw them in the recycling bin. Oh, and I'm happy to break them up and sell them individually, but the price is the same.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
West Central Ohio 45380

Garage
super dibs!
Old 02-02-2018, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 930 View Post
Somehow, I was bequeathed a stack of these -- ten in all -- plus two warranty books. Of those ten, two are very nice (9.5/10) and eight have been subjected to moisture (6.5/10). The moisture-damaged manuals (in first photo) show some waviness in the covers and pages, but none of the pages are stuck together or otherwise deteriorated, and there's no smell. For concours cars, they're not good enough. But for the glove compartment, they're perfect. The two manuals that escaped the moisture damage are very nice, though (photos 2, 3, and 4), as are the warranty books (photo 5). The manuals don't state what year they're for. Print date is June 1989, which is pretty late for a 1989 model, unless they were printed later for sale as spares. But that print date seems early for a 1990 model. The warranty books state they're for a 1989 model.

You can have the whole lot of them -- 10 manuals and 2 warranty books -- for $35 shipped. That's just enough to fund shipping them (within the US) and to motivate me not to throw them in the recycling bin. Oh, and I'm happy to break them up and sell them individually, but the price is the same.

I'll take them. PayPal friends and family work?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Plyhammer, you're first in line -- I sent you an email. Gravesjeg, you're next in line. I'm guessing they'll go to one of you or the other, so consider them sold. If both fall through, I'll post again.

Thank you.

Last edited by Rob 930; 02-02-2018 at 09:30 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Darn Mark is fast lol
Old 02-02-2018, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

And I am sure that Plyhammer will keep the one he needs and offer the rest for like $5 a piece.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

If the one with the picture of the blue 1989 Turbo S is in Good to excellent condition it could fetch up to $200 bucks... Unbelievable!
Ron...
Old 02-02-2018, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRacing1970 View Post
If the one with the picture of the blue 1989 Turbo S is in Good to excellent condition it could fetch up to $200 bucks... Unbelievable!
Ron...
No, not $200. Maybe more like $50.00. There are lots of manuals for sale with high asking prices and no buyers. If you want to sit on them for many months, you may do better, but if you actually want to sell these things on any sort of schedule, they're nowhere near that valuable. But still, this was a good deal for Plyhammer.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: