Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
WTB - Looking For New / Used Axles?

Hi...
Looking for 1989 Turbo S (2) Rear axles CVG Joints & Boots in good to excellent condition (no leaks) I will just re-pack them... will consider any (PARTS)... options? If I'm right?... any axle from a Turbo 87 and up and any S2 / 968 will work? Please... correct me if I'm wrong on fitment!

"New / Rebuilt" - No Rush ! It isn't even warm enough here for me to even think about changing these out yet. Just noticed the clicking sound yesterday coming out or the rear passenger side, after a 40 mile tip to the doc's office... he says I'm to old to be working on these darn Porsches and I need to quit and just slowly die off and go away.

It's not gona' happen... I never listened to a doctor yet when it came to working on Porsches... just drink a couple of beers and pop another valium and I'm right back on top!
Tks... Ron

Old 03-03-2018, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Believe it or not your local auto parts store can get reman axles for $60-70/ea.

All 85.5-91 944 5spd use the same length axles - the main difference is that the turbo models got larger diameter axle shaft and a different spline count.

However the full assembly is interchangeable between cars, just don't do any drag-race launches or burnouts in case they reman'd an NA axle
Old 03-04-2018, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
TKS. v2rocket_aka944...

I learn something (new) every day... I knew about the dia. of the axles and the 25 vs 33 spline count... however I did not know that the 85.5 and 86 axles would fit also.

That makes me wonder about just replacing the worn out ball bearings and radial BB cups...?.... I got a good set (2) off a 86 Turbo that have been rebuilt... that I know are almost new?
They just need new rubber boots and clamps!

Tks, Ron...
Old 03-04-2018, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
This may help (probably not): 65-68 Lobro-style half shafts for 911/912 are NLA for the most part (GKN stock is few and far between; EMPI offering is junk). After a lot of research, I built two sets of axles using Taylor Race Engineering custom-length axles and 33-spline GKN-Lobro CV joints/boots from Pegasus Racing. The cost is around $800 per set. More information may be found here. You may be able to do the same for 944/951.

Peter

On the work bench assembled:

Installed:
Old 03-07-2018, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: