Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1981 928 vaccum lines diagram

I have 1 1982 928 which will start, run for a few seconds and then die. I've done all the obvious stuf...ised a scope to measure the injection pulse. 1.4ms - 2.0 msTo make matters even more interesting if I force the air flow flap open it will run leading me to believe it has to due wiht a vacuum leak.All the hoses are brittle and the hose from the distributor is broken. When follow the line it goes into a tee. The tee has short hose from it (brocken) and a longer hose that wrapped around the starboard side of the throttle body to the from (broken)
I order ed 3.5mm vacuum hose and am now trying to figure out what goes where. I only found one vacuum attachment on the rear of the throttle body and 2 on the fron of the throttle bodyThere is no air pump. Any idea????????
Old 08-28-2018, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I can take some pictures of mine (81 Euro -No smog pump). You will need to have your vacuum lines in good shape to have it running right.

Also, there is a vacuum diaphragm attached to the intake that often gets brittle and leaks. I donít know why mine hasnít yet, but it will someday. There are directions for removing and plugging it off in the Common Fixes thread.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Vacuum at the brake booster. Small ones go HVAC and canister, I think. And large one to the spider.

On the other side of the car is the diaphragm I was talking about, and connections from the Warm Up Regulator (WUR) and distributor. One of these snakes back through the spider to the booster connection

If you need more specific photos, let me know. Also, Leo (MPDANO) has a Euro too. I was able to sort my vacuum issues out by looking at some of his write ups and videos on YouTube to get a general idea of where things go.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: