Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhwShark View Post
You could pull the pump and connect some juice and see if it stays on pumping. Have a pan/jar with fuel to cycle through the pump while you are testing. I have a CIS so can't help much on the EFI side of things.

I have heard of the Alarm systems mucking things up with starting/running???
Be careful, no SPARKS around any open fuel!!!!!! Just a warning.
Previously owned: 67 Vette, 427 L88 Stingray, 74 De Tomaso Pantera L
Old 11-10-2018, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
SharkHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborman View Post
Be careful, no SPARKS around any open fuel!!!!!! Just a warning.
+1 Pulling the pump means, removing it and bench (or on the ground) testing away from car. I used a separate Battery testing dry then with a connected (non-leaking) rig
Old 11-13-2018, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I think we have lost the OP. No posts or updates since 10/18/18 (almost a month) Could be due to inclement weather in the Boston Mass area?
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)
Old 11-13-2018, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Hey Thanks for the help, I don't have much garage space so it was a start and stop process.

I chk'd the relays all worked
It was recommended to chk fuel pump and filter did it all good.
Don't have an oscilloscope, so I took it in and yes it was the CPS, intermittently failing. Great call.

So all set got the car back and it is running well.

Again Thanks, it limited my exposure to shop work and I got to learn a lot more about the set up of the car.

BTW- Brian, funny, I'm in Winchester next town over is your Euro also a 5speed with the limited slip diff?
Old 11-29-2018, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Any yes the inclement weather and the fact that my garage is the size of a postage stamp and I had to roll the car out and put it away, which got tiring, but I was listening intently.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro928s View Post
BTW- Brian, funny, I'm in Winchester next town over is your Euro also a 5speed with the limited slip diff?
Yes, 84 Euro 5-speed with limited slip, black/black. I'm on the Winchester line, across from Horn Pond. What color is your car? I have not seen another one around. Would love to check it out sometime. Where did you take it?
Old 11-29-2018, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I'm on the Stoneham line, up by the Fells. It is called Chiffonweis/burgundy; basically an early white slightly opal, which in fairness looks a little off color next to a bright white car.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

German Performance Service, but I usually go to Autobahn in Peabody. I do recommend either.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Chiffon White is a nice color. Rick at Autobahn did an alignment for me a few years ago, and he also did some work on my old 911SC that I used to have. I have done most of the work on my 928 myself, with the help and guidance from a local 928 guru.

My car goes into Winter storage Saturday to free up my garage for my daily driver.

PM me, would love to connect with another local at some point.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro928s View Post
Hey Thanks for the help, I don't have much garage space so it was a start and stop process.

I chk'd the relays all worked
It was recommended to chk fuel pump and filter did it all good.
Don't have an oscilloscope, so I took it in and yes it was the CPS, intermittently failing. Great call.

So all set got the car back and it is running well.

Again Thanks, it limited my exposure to shop work and I got to learn a lot more about the set up of the car.

Glad you got it back on the road.

Now that you've found someone close to you, you could set up a monthly breakfast/lunch and invite others to join. You might be surprised how many folk will end up joining in. Persistence in having the GTG and consistency with time and date is the key to having a good turnout.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)
Old 11-29-2018, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

It seems that my PM won't post to BRB. I will continue to try

But I believe I pM's 2x but neither seem to have gone through.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: