Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

928 Euro Heads

Any one have an idea of what a fair price would be for usable/rebuildable euro heads would be worth? I know you don't see these everyday and I've seen the throttle body & intake runners going for as much as $800. Thanks for any input.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
It's hard to say. One time you could have got $1500 for them easy. I don't know if there's that demand for them any more. I paid $3500 for a M28.21 long block 10 years ago and another $1000 for the intake. How patient are you?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:03 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

what year Euro are they from?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Network Native

Ducman on RL has had a set of rebuilt heads for sale for a couple months at $900, ready to install still sealed in the plastic bags from the rebuilder.

Heads that need rebuilding, providing they don't need valves, or any "special" work, my guess is around $400.

The major factor on price is who needs them currently, and how badly they need them. Most of the time the ONLY buyers are those who want them cheap for future use.

84/86 Euro S heads may have a premium over 80/83 versions, but I don't even recall if or what might be different. Their is a substantial difference in the two versions of intake manifold, with the newer one pretty much required for electronic fuel injection.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Formerly from Bannlist

Garage
I also have a couple heads just sitting on my bench for the last few years from my 81 Euro. Still not sure what I will ever do with them.

Porsche928Forums.com (NOW Mobile Enabled!)
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
OB Wan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglerb View Post
Ducman on RL has had a set of rebuilt heads for sale for a couple months at $900, ready to install still sealed in the plastic bags from the rebuilder.

Yea, he hasn't been able to find a buyer. Kindof a narrow market for just heads. Would have to be someone collecting together a group of engine mod. parts.
Head replacement on it's own wouldn't yield the best results, compared to the amount of effort it would take.
OTOH, if you add up the cost to do an ala cart Euro engine upgrade, it quickly makes sense just to buy a complete euro engine.

Cams, I would install those without other engine mods (but would free up the stock exhaust).
Heads I would do in tandem with cams, intake/TB, exhaust..... and oh what the heck, a 5.0 short block.

Going way back to my first 80 928, after I realized the cost to whollistically upgrade performance...
2nd 928 I bought was an 84 Euro. Just made cents.
'77 ('78), Preproduction Press Car, 9288100016, "Number Six"
'78, Euro/RoW, 5 speed, "#579"
Old 04-27-2012, 09:15 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglerb View Post

Heads that need rebuilding, providing they don't need valves, or any "special" work, my guess is around $400.

The major factor on price is who needs them currently, and how badly they need them. Most of the time the ONLY buyers are those who want them cheap for future use.

84/86 Euro S heads may have a premium over 80/83 versions, but I don't even recall if or what might be different. Their is a substantial difference in the two versions of intake manifold, with the newer one pretty much required for electronic fuel injection.
ebay link for his heads>
Porsche 928 Euro Cylinder Heads | eBay
Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Network Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPDano View Post
I also have a couple heads just sitting on my bench for the last few years from my 81 Euro. Still not sure what I will ever do with them.
If they are not S heads they have no special value, maybe $100, depending on how clean or much work they need, for a pair.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: