Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
A.J.

Garage
seat belt retractor?

drivers side seat belt does not retract well, it seems to twist and get caught, and kind of lays there like a piece of cooked pasta. not sure if maybe the seat belt has lost its rigidity and this is why is twist, or my retractor has lost some power, any ideas?

how hard to get the trim off around the retractor/
Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I don't know how to fix your seat belt twisting but I have had experience in rejuvenating the retractor. From memory, I removed the screws from the plastic housing that the seat belt slides through, the edge of the kick panel and carefully popped off the clips along the side of the window panel.
Although this isn't enough to completely remove the panel, it is enough to be able to pull it back enough to blow out the retractor with a compressor and then relubricate with RP7 (lubricating spray). Mine works every time now so hopefully this helps you too.

David
Old 05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I can say from experience that replacing a retractor while not technically challenging is a PITA. When I did my drivers side (my belt exhibited the same behavior as yours) I had to remove the entire back seat and most of the rear interior quarter panel to get to the retractor. Rennlist has some good writeups that I used searching both seat belt and that rear quarter panel removal. Took me about two hours start to finish (with adult beverage breaks). Cheers!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: