Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Network Native

I think Roger has a deal on the 53 relays, he is always chasing down some alternate parts source. Home - 928's R Us Porsche Parts Store

Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglerb View Post
I think Roger has a deal on the 53 relays, he is always chasing down some alternate parts source. Home - 928's R Us Porsche Parts Store
I have added that website to my bookmarks. Thanks!

Here are some more pictures:

Best shot of the fuse panel so far:

Anyone know where these wires are supposed to go?

I would like to figure out this build sticker:

Here is the original color from the last location the hood ornament was seen:
(the metallic gray is warming on me)

I finally finished most of the exterior work for now. Even with the Earl Schieb paint job it buffed out decent. I became pressed for time before removing the entire fuse panel for a shot of the back. I will do that tomorrow morning when I have the time to put things back where I found them.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Kool

Garage
you are in for a spaghetti surprise when you see the back....I was disappointed...I expected severe OCD German neatness...not so...
1978 5sp (#30) project-Wreckscue
1979 5sp Euro basket case
1982 5sp resto project
(Yes, I now have 3 project Sharks)
Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Recovering dismantler

Garage
Wow, my daughter has an 84 euro also, and the last 4 of the VIN are 0483 - only 4 short of yours, you have the much sort after 220 option, that's the 40% LSD. Your car will be a rocket when you get it going, my daughters easily out runs my 86!
Land Rover Discovery
Bayliner Ciera 2655

Last edited by neil30076; 02-20-2013 at 02:19 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Hey everyone,

I am putting this car up for sale. It is located 40 miles outside of Pittsburgh. It was last inspected in 1999, I bought it in 2000, and it has since been garaged. I am advertising here first - I would like to see pictures of it restored one day. I will be placing general advertisements on Oct 1, 2013. I will be taking better pictures early this week. It has 58K miles.

Any interested parties feel free to send me a private message here.

Thanks everybody for your help earlier this spring.

-Noah
Old 09-29-2013, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Network Native

Something to keep in mind, low mileage odometers are very common, low mileage cars are fairly rare. A 928 with 58k miles will look to the casual observer almost new. Once you look over a hand full of low mileage cars the ones that aren't are pretty obvious, this looks like a aren't.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglerb View Post
Something to keep in mind, low mileage odometers are very common, low mileage cars are fairly rare. A 928 with 58k miles will look to the casual observer almost new. Once you look over a hand full of low mileage cars the ones that aren't are pretty obvious, this looks like a aren't.
There is no reason for the mileage to be faked. It has never been important for me to carfax it, any members can feel free to post the report in this thread. The vin is in an earlier picture. It lived some of it's time on Bolling Air Force base in Virginia. From what I remember hearing it was bought from auction as a long term recovery stolen automobile. From the paint covering the side markers I can believe that story, but who knows. I have owned it for over 10 years. I have not done anything with it. I spend more time with diesels and a few came up that I would like to buy, and need space for.

I might also be selling a 1984 black 928 American edition with this. It was parked running a few years ago. I cannot comfortably drive or ride in these cars.

Last edited by NRC_Detail; 09-30-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Network Native

No need for it to be faked to be wrong. Its routine to replace the KPH speedo with a MPH unit when importing, and almost all 928's have had the odometer fail for one or more of several common issues, an internal gear that rots, poor connections in the pod, and a connector back in the spare tire well.
Vin is WP0ZZZ92ZES840487 for future reference.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
928 , euro , ignition , retrofit