Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK McDonald View Post
Hey Blagave - I was just joking about installing one of those rediculous nose bleed stereo systems that can raddle the street lights. I also keep the stereo volume adjusted to best preserve my hearing for as long as possible. Plus my CW Era Music selections are typically only enjoyed now-a-days by a limited audience.

The storage area left by your rear seat removal would be a good place to carry all your spare cash around.

Michael
No worries, I try not to step on others toes when it comes to there preferences. I felt you were joking, but you just never no. I see the cars that show up in the for sale thread and shake my head from time to time

Last edited by Blagave; 11-29-2017 at 05:47 AM..
Old 11-28-2017, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #201 (permalink)

Have the rear seat delete frame roughed in and attached a few Zeus fasteners. Installed aluminum hinges and starting to make the lids.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #202 (permalink)

Finally recived the super charger components, working with Andy at A&A Corvette locally. Andy is working with me on supplying parts to convert to the LS3 / 928 conversion. Looking at a real 550hp to 575hp at rear wheels ( not crank), on pump 91 octane with no mods to the motor ( daily driver) could easily go more but would not be reliable without replacing pistons, rods and crank, etc. . Just need to re-program the ECU, increase injectors to 60psi......we think stock fuel pump will be good, but will confirm on dyno.
So far the only thing I needed to do is cut off a few threaded posts on the water pump for clearance. I installed the fender and hood to confirm the the super charger cleared the hood, which it does, but will need to add heat shield as safety. So far everything bolts right in and clears, I will need to make custom aluminum intake and pre cooler pipiping. Also, I think I need custom size intercooler.......stay tuned.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #203 (permalink)

Finished up rear seat delete. I will sound deaden everything after paint during assembly. Black carpet will cover everything and match rear cargo area.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)

Garage
Fender Emblem-

Hey Blagave - With the P/S pump-reservoir and alternator nicely installed, I was expecting the need to either cut into the fender wells or have a slight modification somewhere along the hood to fit the super charger/intercooler/intake plumbing/air filter/etc ..... The real estate usage up front of your LS engine looks very professionally laid out.

Have you thought about an official fender emblem for your LS 928 yet ? Something tasteful similar to the BMW M3 would be appropriate....or perhaps a small Cal Highway Patrol Officer with a speeding ticket in his hand.

Michael
Old 12-03-2017, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #205 (permalink)

Wasn’t planing on re badging the car. It will be more fun keeping people guessing and pissing off the purist.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #206 (permalink)

Decided to upgrade the fuel pump now after running some numbers. I choose the Bosch 044 pump that puts out 72.5 PSI with 82 GPH. This will be more than efficient for my setup.
The pump is a bit longer and uses a M 1.5 thread fitting instead of the slip hose fitting. I used AN fittings with SS line slip with hose clamp coming out of tank, same as stock connection. Everything went back together nicely.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #207 (permalink)

Starting to figure out how I am going to build the intake. I cut the aluminum lip off the top of radiator for more clearance and using 3 1/2” tubing per A&A Corvette suggestion. I am going from round to oval with a height of 1 1/2” by 5’ wide to get over the radiator.
I cut 1 1/2’ tubing in half for sides and will fab top and bottom plate to finish the oval. I should have my new intercooler that is specifically being built for my car by end of week and once mounted I can finish the length and connection. I will have to build the plumbing from charger to intercooler and charger to air cleaner....lots to do.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #208 (permalink)

Plumbed the blower to intercooler. Drilled hole through side of engine wall to passenger fender for blow off valve. Will have to modify the fender mount, but no big deal. First attempt with tubing is so so, not really happy with alignment and fit, so work on better fit.

Old 12-17-2017, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #209 (permalink)

Got the intercooler mounted. Very secure and rubber isolators to allow for a liitle movement. I didn’t have to modify or move anything, which was nice.

Old 12-17-2017, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #210 (permalink)

Have about 90% done on the intake. Just need to make end cap and grind down welds. I will have painted to match car color.

Old 12-17-2017, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #211 (permalink)

Awesome build. Keep the pics coming.
1967 Camaro 327 4spd
Previous: 1982 Porsche 928 Weissach Edition, Various others
Old 12-29-2017, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #212 (permalink)

Garage
Uranium 235 Pellet -

Hey Blagave - The installation of all the hardware looks well planned and VERY professional. Do you have the cold air intake and filter location sorted out yet ? Some of the blower elbow routing to the intercooler may be a little tight but at least you wont have to deal with the radiated heat produced by the housing of a turbo.

Is the ball of aluminum foil seen in some of the pictures where you keep the Uranium 235 pellet used to sustain the nuclear chain reaction ? Personally I think this is about the only thing that would provide any additional boost in HP to this rocket ship.

Great Project - Michael

Last edited by JK McDonald; 12-29-2017 at 04:56 PM..
Old 12-29-2017, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #213 (permalink)

Happy New Year to everyone.

Thanks Big Lou

JK McDonald....running the intakes has been quite challenging to say the least.

How many different tubes and hoses does it take to build the intakes for the super charger? More than what is in the picture.
More or less i finished up the intake tubes after many re-dos. I got the best scenario as possible for flow and getting everything to fit under the hood, with a little notching of the underside of the hood. I will let the painter fine tune the finish prior to paint.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #214 (permalink)

Garage
Almost Fit Pieces of Plumbing -

Hey Blagave - It looks like you've successfully overcome the expected intercooler routing limitations without a single snorkel, scoop or buldge sticking up anywhere !!!! A good indication of the amount of grief and heartburn that was involved is the pile of cut tubing and "almost fit" pieces of plumbing left over.

Very Nice Setup - Michael
Old 01-02-2018, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #215 (permalink)

A ISO/TS16949 certified OE manufacturer of Auto Parts since 2004. Producing fuel line, oil cooler, water outlet/thermostat assembly, coolant water pipes, all kinds of tube/pipes. Website & Page: www.fb.com/021auto
Old 01-02-2018, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #216 (permalink)

Haven’t posted much, due to holidays and family. I have gone back and redone some stuff and finished up all the plumbing for the super charger. I decided to switch over to Holley fuel rails per a buddies recommendation, so I had to redo some of the fuel lines and still need to finalize.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #217 (permalink)

Purchased both 2 1/2” and 3” exhaust tubing kit, plus x cross over, 2 into 1, 3” x 12” reasonator and multiple mufflers. I read up on way too many ways to build the exhaust, so hopefully I come up with one that has performance and is some what quite

Old 01-14-2018, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #218 (permalink)

Fitted and tact the cats from headers to X pipe. Everything went together well. Next willl work on muffler section after reasonator and will do tail pipes after paint.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #219 (permalink)

Finished up welding everything and bolted exhaust to headers. The exhaust has clearance at header, but I used some heat wrap as extra security. I have a heat blanket wrap for the starter. I was able to use all the stock heat shields from front to rear with a little mod. All (4) o2 sensors are in and connected. Mounted rear dynomax muffler, my only issue is that the exhaust system is tucked up and there isn’t much room for the hangers. I found some Walker hangers I think will work and should have them in a few days. Trying to button things up, hoping the car goes for paint this week

Old 01-14-2018, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #220 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: