Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

In the tail lights, was there a reason you didn't use red LEDs in the appropriate locations?

I see that you used the amber for the turn signal, but it appears you used white elsewhere.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)
Old 02-07-2018, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepson View Post
In the tail lights, was there a reason you didn't use red LEDs in the appropriate locations?

I see that you used the amber for the turn signal, but it appears you used white elsewhere.
I went by what I had read in another thread. I really don't think it makes that big of difference if you used colored or all white bulbs. I did read that in the dash the person used blue led for the high beam and it was not as vivid as just using the white bulb lighting the blue indicator, so he switched back to white.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #242 (permalink)

Went to install led in the temp control unit and came to find out that half of the fiber optics strands were broken. Fortunately I had some left over fiber optics from years ago when making some special effects. The stock optics use 10 plus strands, so they can bend and move with the slide switch. I used one large and several small fibers to do the same thing. I think having the larger fiber helps with the brightness.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #243 (permalink)

Installed the leds from super bright. Just so I donít get the questioned asked......yes you can just use all white bulbs. I choose to go with the colored bulbs per indicator as others have done. The led twist housing terminals are slightly wider than stock. I bent the upper prongs down a little and pushed the bottom up slightly and they fit great. I have some other bulbs coming from autolumination that fit directly into the stock bulb holder. I will try them to see if there is a difference in light, if no difference, I will use the super bright leds.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #244 (permalink)

Wow! Nice work so far! Reminds me of the project I have going on. Keep it up!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #245 (permalink)

It was recommended changing the speedo gear while I have the instrument cluster apart.
Installed new speedo gear that I got from Roger at (928sRus). The gear change was very straight forward using the thread by Dwayne
https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...re-w-pics.html

Old 02-20-2018, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #246 (permalink)

Since I had the instrument cluster apart, I ordered SS bezel piece for the gauges from ferreus.com. The bezel needs to be bent a little to contour the cluster. It is held on by cutting slivers of high strength two side thin tape. I decided to also repaint the plastic housing face with Matt black paint and polished the inside of the plastic lens.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #247 (permalink)

Doing as many things as I can find while waiting for car to come back. I notched the back side of the front aluminum bumper for the air cleaner. I just welded a stiffener in and can check off the list.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #248 (permalink)

Stopped by body shop and there is progress, even though it is slow. There were some delays due to personnel, but things seemed to be back in track.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #249 (permalink)

Old 02-20-2018, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #250 (permalink)
80 928

Garage
I may have missed it, but have you sold the factory transmission, clutch, belhousing etc., or are you hanging on to it? If you are interested, I would love to have your original set up. Give me a call if you are.. 702-624-9118 or email: Kerry.karvonen@outlook.com

Thanks, Kerry
Old 02-27-2018, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #251 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Very nice thread, just noticed this one and followed through all the pages. You've done a great job so far!! I may have missed but how are you planning on passing smog with all of the modified parts other than factory? I was going with a LS motor in my Jeep and had some major push back from he referee's in my area about what had to be and what couldn't changed, including the intake all the way to the filter and nothing until after the cats. I love it, just curious on that piece.

Thank you and I can't wait to see finished product.

Current cars: 2006 Cayenne TTS, 1991 964 Cabrio, 1997 993TT, 1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Old 02-27-2018, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #252 (permalink)

While away, the body work is done and the primer is going on the car. Bumpers are out have the plastic sections filled. Hopefully should having everything back by end of March

Old 03-08-2018, 12:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #253 (permalink)

Car is still in paint jail, so staying busy with little stuff that takes up time.
Re covered the armrest and rear deck headliner, installed USB port in rear seat delete and covered panel with carpet, I left some extra carpet all the way around to cut in on install.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #254 (permalink)

Picked up some smaller pieces from the painter. I am really pleased with the color.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #255 (permalink)

New Sport steering wheel arrived from Roger.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #256 (permalink)

Started assembly of aero mirrors and noticed I am missing guide tube spring washers so have to order.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #257 (permalink)

Purchased new plastic door thresholds and light strips. I bought both a white and blue light strip, I chose to go with the blue.
I deleted the door jamb curtesy light, so I will use the wiring/switch for the threshold lighting.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #258 (permalink)

Sent pod out again to have redone correctly and looks great.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #259 (permalink)

Finally primer and blocked. Painter says everything is straight and clean Should have color sprayed by weekend if everything goes well

Old 04-02-2018, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #260 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: