Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Zieske View Post
Fabulous project. Thanks so much for sharing!
Your 928 should be at SEMA. But, on second thought, it may be too good for SEMA!

Scott
Thanks for the kind words.

Sema cars are on an entirely other level.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #281 (permalink)

I have to give props to Bryan Lutz. Bryan makes the replacement instrument cluster circuit boards. Not only are the circuit boards quality, Bryan himself is pleasure to deal with. I had some issues with the circuit boards to begin with and Bryan was quick to respond to help out, even though I was the one who plugged the wrong connector to the wrong plug and had a few bad (bent) pins. After I fixed my goof up, Bryan worked with me on eliminating a few of the warning lights that donít connect to the LS wiring. If you have read other LED light conversions you will find out the leds are very bright and you need a dimmer and resistors, I purchased all that stuff before realizing my circuit board had major issues. Bryan did a lot of research and found led bulbs that are just the right brightness, so no need for a dimmer. In fact I used one if the spare bulbs and replaced my led bulb in the light switch and the brightness was much less.

Anyhow, great product and great guy

Old 06-06-2018, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #282 (permalink)

Added engine warning light for LS motor and boost gauge. The ash tray worked out well for the location and was able to use the ground wire and light wire from the ash tray. When the instrument lights come on so does the boost gauge light.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #283 (permalink)

Wired my rear view mirror by apptronics. The mirror has radar, gps, forward camera, backup camera, speedo. You can sync your phone and a bunch of other stuff........Oh and its a mirror

Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #284 (permalink)

Installed most of the carpet kit and have been running the stereo equipment wiring. Installed sub woofer and rear seat delete.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #285 (permalink)

Installed rear bumper with camera.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #286 (permalink)

After too many hours willing to admit too, I finally have the fenders, hood and bumper fitted.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #287 (permalink)

Finished up wiring the stereo system and it sounds good for a moderate not over the top system. (6) small speakers and a sub woofer with small amp.
Finished the exhaust system and it turned out nice and sounds good......not sure 100% if itís the look I want. I will let it rest with me for awhile.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #288 (permalink)

Set a goal to drive the car by end of weekend and made it, but not exactly a success. The torque tube shaft is making a ton of noise, like it is out of balance. I noticed that when the car is in neutral and motor running you can feel the drive shaft spinning and a vibration. If you push in the clutch the noise and vibration go away. I have read on a few corvette forums that the C5 T56 trans make noise, but there is no way they make the noise I am hearing. The car shifts good otherwise. I will get with Carl to discuss next step.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #289 (permalink)

Garage
Hello, and great build!
Could you let me know where you found the light strips that you used on the door threshold?
Thank you,
John
PS.. love the lock and marker delete, subtle but enough to make you know something is different.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #290 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-hot View Post
Hello, and great build!
Could you let me know where you found the light strips that you used on the door threshold?
Thank you,
John
PS.. love the lock and marker delete, subtle but enough to make you know something is different.

I bought them from this company on eBay. I believe there are others as well

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12x2-12V-EL-Tape-Electroluminescent-Panel-Back-Light-Inverter-6-colors-New/401284436040?hash=item5d6e6a9048%3Am%3Am0hoXvc2zyK qMAKi0TWFQgA&var=670899161116
Old 06-24-2018, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #291 (permalink)

Decided to remove trans and diff due to noises I donít like. I purchased from junkyard and car had 100,000 miles on it and was said to be fine prior to accident. I got talked out of sending it out for rebuild and now doing what I thought I should have done to begin with. Shipping out to RPM for rebuild and to change diff from 3:43 to 3:73 ratio for the size of tires. Engine RPM should be around 1,850 at 70mph.
I felt vibration in the torque tube and put a feeler gauge on the the shaft, not sure if this is the correct way to measure, but it showed about fifty thousandths out.
Not going to put everything back in until sorted out......really sucks yanking everything apart when I was so close

Old 06-24-2018, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #292 (permalink)

Built new rear piece for speakers and battery shutoff switch. Since I deleted the wiper, I made the panel without the pop out.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #293 (permalink)

Mocked up splitter/spoiler .....lots to do still. Have to make skid plate to wrap the Intercooler tube and rebuild stock grill to fit. Not 100% set on design, still tweaking.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #294 (permalink)

Trimmed more off the spoiler and fabricated the skid plate for the inter cooler tube. The skid plate has around 4" clearance and the stock rubber spoiler has 5 1/2".....no doubt very low and will have to be careful.
Painted the bottom side of spoiler and skid plate with bed linear and will paint the top and leading edge of spoiler the same color as the car.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #295 (permalink)

Modified the mounts for the front grill and got everything to fit. Painted bottom portion of inter cooler black to blend in..........just noticed the paint drips, will be fixed.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #296 (permalink)

Built rear tow hooks. I used both the shock bolt and sway bar link bolt as mounts. You could lift the car from these mounts.....a bit over kill.

Last edited by Blagave; 06-24-2018 at 03:55 PM..
Old 06-24-2018, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #297 (permalink)

Painted and installed spoiler. Used some bumper rubber trim between spoiler, fender & bumper.......looks factory made.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #298 (permalink)

Front plastic wheel well covers were cracked in several areas, so I made aluminum replacements

Old 07-06-2018, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #299 (permalink)

Another mile stone checked off the list. One would think a couple AC lines would be pretty straight forward......ĒNOTĒ.....at least for me.
After several different compressor blocks, finally found a 90 degree block from Hawker performance that would work even though the 90 was not in the preferred direction. I diffently have a clearance issue with the compressor that came with accessory package. In the end with the help of Air Parts and numerous fittings I was able to get a nice setup. Note.....I did modify the orientation of the steel tube from the firewall.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #300 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: