Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
3legs

Garage
Original 928 tools/accessories?

Hi everyone. Hope you had a great christmas and new year.

I decided to buy myself a christmas present, a 1985 Prussian Blue 928S. It's in fantastic condition and is pretty well complete and standard.

However it's missing some minor pieces.
I need a jack, cargo cover, air compressor and apparently some "kit" that includes gloves and spare wheel cover (or something like that).

Anyway I know of a place in England that makes the cargo cover but I need to know which jack, air compressor and "kit" is correct for that year 928.
Also does the jack come with a cover.

Pictures and correct names of the parts (or part numbers) would be a big help.
I know that I'm probably dreaming about finding the parts but I have to ask the question(s) anyway.

Oops almost forgot, I also need a RHD t-bar shift, just the t-bar.

Thankyou in advance for any info. If you can think of anything else that I may need please advise (it does have the complete tool kit).

Cheers

BTW I also have a 930 but I am so much more enjoying driving the 928. Don't get me wrong I love the power of the 930 but the 928 is just so easy to just get in a drive.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Accessories -

Hey 3legs - The 928 jack, air compressor, tool kits etc, are still around, just not nearly as plentiful as they used to be. I have actually given away these factory accessories in the past because they were so plentiful and often just laying around in the wrecking yards. Are you wanting to stay with genuine Porsche parts or will the after-market accumulate-it-yourself stuff work ?

The primary two pieces of the 928 specialty tool kit that you will definitely need are the spring loaded "Spark Plug" extension/socket and the screw-in tow eyelet. They should have come with your car and located (mounted) on the back side of the tool panel at the rear of the hatch area. Often, everything else you are looking for can be generic.

Good Luck, Michael
Old 01-06-2018, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
3legs

Garage
Thanks Michael.

My tool kit is complete and has those 2 items. I will use an aftermarket compressor but I want to get as much original gear as possible.

Having a 930 I know that originality is king. Even though I have no plans on selling the 928 it would be nice to have everything should I have no choice but to sell.

I notice my 928 also has one of those reflective triangles for tyre changes/breakdowns. Is that standard?

Cheers

Alex
Old 01-06-2018, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Assortment of Tire Tools -

Hey Alex - I'm sure someone will know what pieces are actually supposed to make up the 928 factory tire maintenance accessories. All three of my 928's (1984 - Miss Purdy, 1984 - Butt Ugly parts car and 1985-sold) came with a different assortment of tire lug nut tools, compressor and jack stowed down in the center of the collapsible spare rim. Knowing the efficiency of the Germans - the reflective triangle may have been originally include.

I add a digital air gauge, LED flash light and also throw in a tire "Plug Kit" and installation T-handle for emergencies out on a country back road.

Michael

Last edited by JK McDonald; 01-07-2018 at 01:54 PM..
Old 01-07-2018, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Alex, the reflective triangle was standard equipment. In addition, there was a spare set of light bulbs in a box as well as a first aid kit, and a set of gloves in a pouch.

None of my cars have ever had these items by the time I got my cars, but I have seen pictures or examples in others' cars.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)
Old 01-08-2018, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
3legs

Garage
Thanks everyone. Any links to pictures of these so I know what i'm looking for if I find any (chances of finding gloves/first aid kit remote I know but I have to try)
Old 01-08-2018, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I've seen the first aid kits before on Ebay in Europe somewhere, but it's been a while.

Gloves? Ha

Light bulbs in a box? I only ever saw one set. It was actually pretty cool.

Good Luck!!
Old 01-08-2018, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Speak of the devil!!

https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/1037923-did-osram-spare-bulb-kit-come-stock-in-the-car.html
Old 01-09-2018, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Red Plastic Boxes -

Wow- I had seen a couple of the red plastic boxes over the years laying around in a wrecking yard but they were always empty. I'd have dumped out the rain water and pick them up if I'd known they were associated with a 928.

What type of factory lug nut wrench was included originally with the 928 ? For leverage I tuck a piece of pipe in (as an extension to my stubby 4 way lug wrench) with my jack and air compressor. Then pad the center of the collapsible spare with a sheet of foam to keep everything from moving round and support the spare tire recess cover panel.

Michael

Last edited by JK McDonald; 01-09-2018 at 05:24 PM..
Old 01-09-2018, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
3legs

Garage
Thanks guys. Did an Australian delivered 1985 928S come with a first aid kit as standard and if so what does it look like or is there a part number? There seems to be a lot of different kits available.

Cheers

Alex
Old 01-20-2018, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3legs View Post
Thanks guys. Did an Australian delivered 1985 928S come with a first aid kit as standard and if so what does it look like or is there a part number? There seems to be a lot of different kits available.

Cheers

Alex
Alex,
I don't know for a fact that your car came with a first aid kit as standard, however, here is a link to Porsche Classic Parts that shows one:

http://content2.us.porsche.com/prod/pag/classic/ClassicBildressourcenLive.nsf/B9C7CDBE6F587AD1C12581B6004A02A0/$file/PCG80070200_005_highhuge.jpg
Old 01-21-2018, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
3legs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepson View Post
Alex,
I don't know for a fact that your car came with a first aid kit as standard, however, here is a link to Porsche Classic Parts that shows one:

http://content2.us.porsche.com/prod/pag/classic/ClassicBildressourcenLive.nsf/B9C7CDBE6F587AD1C12581B6004A02A0/$file/PCG80070200_005_highhuge.jpg
Thanks for that. Went ahead and ordered one. Even if it's not the original kind it will do for the moment.

Cheers
Old 01-22-2018, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: