Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1984 928 S2 EURO Spec H4 LED headlight bulbs, which wattage??

Hi,

One headlight bulb has blown and are the old style warm white bulbs so low colour temp.

I've found LED H4's and would like to use these simply as they use less power / wattage. I'm hoping to replace all or as many bulbs as possible with LED's.

The issue i'm having is what wattage LED should i use? Which is the equivalent to the one's on the car. So the ones on the car are 55/60 watts and quite dim, though the colour temp is more the problem i feel. Maybe around 3200k on the older type H4 bulbs.

I have found 4 watt to 20Watt LEDS and i'm sure there are more powerful ones.
Does anyone have any experience of LED H4 headlight bulbs?

I will use 6-7k colour temp.
I think it seems obvious the 4 watts will be to low, i have seen also 8 watts / 10 Watts and 20 watts, i'm sure there must be say around a 15 watt bulb also.

So wish should i choose?
if anyone has any experience with LED's for the 928 i would love more information on which wattage i should use for the different bulbs.

As usual i will be eternally grateful for your help. This is important for me to reduce the power / wattage the car uses as i do occasionally have issues starting but have a booster which keeps me on the road and has saved me a couple of times.

I also have H4 xenons but they are 55 / 60 Watts. As soon as i get the LED's i will take some pics and post here so others can see the difference. These xenons are the same wattage as the older H4's, better colour temp but i would like to reduce the wattage.

Tiger

Porsche 928 S2 4.7 Auto Euro Spec 1984 Grand Prix White with Red leather Interior. Original car, no Mods.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: