Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Network Native

Thinning the herd, selling 85 Euro, more

Thinking about it for a long time, getting old, decided its time to focus and make some space to dig into preferred projects, so I'm selling my 85 Euro S 5 spd, asking $6500 and attempting to greatly reduce my stockpile of stuff I will never use.

Both passed smog today, so I am officially motivated and ready with a clear title in hand.

85 Euro S 5 spd
Good: Its a Euro S with a Calif BAR sticker and passes smog, its fast. Injectors and hoses etc done for previous smog test, clutch seems fine, trans shifts slow up, not down, needs the usual. Has a special sets of chips so it can run closed loop, Lambda O2, polished at one time S4 wheels with ancient but non flat tires.

Bad: 195k on the clock, rough paint and interior, crack dash, windshield, has a sunroof that may work with TLC, no AC, timing belt was 5 yrs and 1k miles ago, ie its totally ready for someone to make it what they want.

I'll be doing a proper classified thread, but I wanted to get the word out on the Euro before a long if not endless task of sorting out what all the other parts I have are. Hopefully I can then focus on my US 83 and make it the car I want it to be.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglerb View Post

Both passed smog today, so I am officially motivated and ready with a clear title in hand.

Both? Are you selling 2 cars?
Old 03-05-2018, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Network Native

Keeping the US 83, the Red 84 Euro only has a few parts worth removing in chassis and interior before I send it to scrap, only the black 85 Euro is being sold as a intact complete car.

Pretty sure I put a new pair of Bilsteins on the front of the 85, maybe changed misc related parts at the same time. OTOH front spoiler is bad, held together I think by wires.

More details when I get time this weekend.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Danglerb,

You know, of course, that there were only 627 Euro(ROW) 928s brought into the US from 84-86 ?

That 84 Euro would have to be pretty damn bad for me to send it to scrap.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson) and Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)
Old 03-09-2018, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Network Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepson View Post
Danglerb,

You know, of course, that there were only 627 Euro(ROW) 928s brought into the US from 84-86 ?

That 84 Euro would have to be pretty damn bad for me to send it to scrap.
You have a trailer?

When I bought it, it was intended as a parts car, budget respray, salvage title, poor interior, and it was a barely running automatic with alarm issues. Now its mostly a chassis with one fender left to take off and some interior parts, then drop the suspension and away it goes.

It does have a BAR sticker, so if somebody wants to make a better offer than the scrap metal guy, speak soon.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglerb View Post
You have a trailer?

When I bought it, it was intended as a parts car, budget respray, salvage title, poor interior, and it was a barely running automatic with alarm issues. Now its mostly a chassis with one fender left to take off and some interior parts, then drop the suspension and away it goes.

It does have a BAR sticker, so if somebody wants to make a better offer than the scrap metal guy, speak soon.
I do have a trailer, but it does sound pretty damn bad at this point.

I guess there will only be 626 left.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson) and Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)

Last edited by stepson; 03-09-2018 at 03:22 PM..
Old 03-09-2018, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

80 928

Garage
I think part of Danglerb's parts car will live on with my car ( hood)
Old 03-21-2018, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Network Native

I hope this one goes on as a driver, but its got to go soon one way or another.

Hard to imagine, but my HOA is being even more of a PITA.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Network Native

Timing did not work out well, offered for sale, got too busy on other stuff to do any selling. I've gotten a few emails asking if its still for sale recently, so I think I am really really going to sell it soon.

Now is the time folks, make some offers as others will be doing so. Smog and registration are current, started right up last week and brought up to temp fine.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
80 928

Garage
Hey Mike,
If you have to move the car, I've got room for it here in 'Vegas
-K
Old 02-11-2019, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Network Native

Space to park and work on it is a big factor, but mostly its focus. Two project cars and a parts car mean I float from one to the other and nothing gets finished.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: