Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Network Native

Thinning the herd, selling 85 Euro, more

Thinking about it for a long time, getting old, decided its time to focus and make some space to dig into preferred projects, so I'm selling my 85 Euro S 5 spd, asking $6500 and attempting to greatly reduce my stockpile of stuff I will never use.

Both passed smog today, so I am officially motivated and ready with a clear title in hand.

85 Euro S 5 spd
Good: Its a Euro S with a Calif BAR sticker and passes smog, its fast. Injectors and hoses etc done for previous smog test, clutch seems fine, trans shifts slow up, not down, needs the usual. Has a special sets of chips so it can run closed loop, Lambda O2, polished at one time S4 wheels with ancient but non flat tires.

Bad: 195k on the clock, rough paint and interior, crack dash, windshield, has a sunroof that may work with TLC, no AC, timing belt was 5 yrs and 1k miles ago, ie its totally ready for someone to make it what they want.

I'll be doing a proper classified thread, but I wanted to get the word out on the Euro before a long if not endless task of sorting out what all the other parts I have are. Hopefully I can then focus on my US 83 and make it the car I want it to be.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglerb View Post

Both passed smog today, so I am officially motivated and ready with a clear title in hand.

Both? Are you selling 2 cars?
Old 03-05-2018, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Network Native

Keeping the US 83, the Red 84 Euro only has a few parts worth removing in chassis and interior before I send it to scrap, only the black 85 Euro is being sold as a intact complete car.

Pretty sure I put a new pair of Bilsteins on the front of the 85, maybe changed misc related parts at the same time. OTOH front spoiler is bad, held together I think by wires.

More details when I get time this weekend.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Danglerb,

You know, of course, that there were only 627 Euro(ROW) 928s brought into the US from 84-86 ?

That 84 Euro would have to be pretty damn bad for me to send it to scrap.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Network Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepson View Post
Danglerb,

You know, of course, that there were only 627 Euro(ROW) 928s brought into the US from 84-86 ?

That 84 Euro would have to be pretty damn bad for me to send it to scrap.
You have a trailer?

When I bought it, it was intended as a parts car, budget respray, salvage title, poor interior, and it was a barely running automatic with alarm issues. Now its mostly a chassis with one fender left to take off and some interior parts, then drop the suspension and away it goes.

It does have a BAR sticker, so if somebody wants to make a better offer than the scrap metal guy, speak soon.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglerb View Post
You have a trailer?

When I bought it, it was intended as a parts car, budget respray, salvage title, poor interior, and it was a barely running automatic with alarm issues. Now its mostly a chassis with one fender left to take off and some interior parts, then drop the suspension and away it goes.

It does have a BAR sticker, so if somebody wants to make a better offer than the scrap metal guy, speak soon.
I do have a trailer, but it does sound pretty damn bad at this point.

I guess there will only be 626 left.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)

Last edited by stepson; 03-09-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Old 03-09-2018, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

80 928

Garage
I think part of Danglerb's parts car will live on with my car ( hood)
Old 03-21-2018, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Network Native

I hope this one goes on as a driver, but its got to go soon one way or another.

Hard to imagine, but my HOA is being even more of a PITA.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: