Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
warm starting issue

i've seen this posted for the early CIS cars but mine is an 84 - car used to start when cold in about one revolution on the starter but when warm it would take 20-30 seconds - well this has gradually gotten worse - now it takes about 20-30 seconds when cold and last night it took me about 3 -4 minutes to get it to catch - i changed out the FI relay,,no effect - i can hear pump running - last night after it caught and i drove it home i smelled gas - tried to trace it and it seemed to smell the most in the passenger front wheel well - is that where the carbon canister is - i had changed out all the fuel lines 2 years ago and none look like they are leaking now - so.. what do you think is going on? - leaky injectors might explain the hard starting but not the gas smell - once it starts the car drives great - no stalling or hesitation - could the check valve on fuel pump do this? - i had cleaned the ground points but that was also 2 years ago - would they have corroded again that fast? - thanks
Old 06-10-2018, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Petie3rd

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmerlin
I would replace the 3 way junction in the RF wheel well, thats whats broken.
also time to remove the rust and metal collars in the washer fill tube and tank inlet, drain the tank out.
Most likely your fuel pump check valve is leaking, order and new check valve, it comes with the 3 sealing washers,
a fuel filter if yours is old,
and the short hard line from pump to filter.

I would also suggest to run a bottle of Techron and 6 oz of MMo in the fuel,
also check the dampers and FPR for the fuel smells in the respective vacuum lines
Old 06-10-2018, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: