Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche 928 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
What's on YOUR Hood?

While I was completing some customer orders this past weekend I decided to make a few variations on a theme:

Semi-Flat black over "stainless" cerakote.......just showing more silver where the red would be on a factory crest

And another......semi flat black over stainless cerakote with anthracite mettalic accents:

Finished with two additional coats of satin clear to provide a consistent finish. Constructive criticism welcomed. Let me know what you think!

I have a small album of some of the previous pieces I've made up on photobucket. You can see them by clicking on the link here:

Refinished Porsche Hood Crests pictures by jtyurg - Photobucket

I'll make more this weekend for orders received this week. please PM me if interested!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:49 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

Gearing up to fill orders this weekend. Please send me a PM if you would like to put something distinctive on the front of your Porsche!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:10 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

If anyone is interested in a refinished crest please send me a PM. I have had to slow down over the past 3 weekends due to a family member's health issues however I will be able to devote considerable time to refinishing this weekend.

Thanks! - Jim
Old 08-15-2012, 06:26 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

I have a few eBay orders to fill this weekend. BTW I sell them for $199.99 there. Pelican member price is still $150 shipped. Please send me a PM if you're interested in one.

Best Regards: Jim
Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

Planning on completing a number of orders this weekend. Please let me know if you're interested in one for your Porsche!

Creating quality custom hood crests. View some available options on my photobucket album here: Refinished Porsche Hood Crests pictures by jtyurg - Photobucket
Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

Please let me know if you may be interested in a piece for your Porsche. I have both "901" style and "993" style crests to refinish. The 901 is the older style with solid metal PORSCHE lettering at the top. The 993 style has the more recent style outlined lettering at the top of the crest.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:01 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

Ladies / Gentlemen:
I apologize for my absence and the number of orders I had that were quite late in being delivered. I had a number of life changing family issues to deal with over the past few months however things have settled down to the point where I can resume creating these and delivering them to you in a timely fashion. I appreciate the support of the members here that have touched base with me from time to time in order to assure the rest of you that I did not take their order and retire to Belize

All oustanding orders have been filled and shipped. If there is something that you would like created for your Porsche please send me a PM.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

I have obtained a quantity of the newer "993" style crests to refinish. These have the outlined PORSCHE lettering at the top and the solid shield in the center. If you have been waiting for this style as opposed to the older "901" with the solid lettering at the top now is you chance to order one. The 993 style crests are more difficult for me to obtain so take advantage of the opportunity!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

MID-WINTER "BEAT THE DOLDRUMS" SPECIAL

Since I was not able to run my usual "Holiday Special" due to circumstances beyond my control I've decided to make it up to my fellow Pelican Members by offering a "Mid Winter Special". Those of us who live in Winter plagued areas know that spring is coming and with it the opportunity to get out and drive without the fear of unanticipated 180's, 360's or perhaps even 720's due to slippery conditions on your favorite twisty road!

I was fortunate enough to procure a quantity of "993 Style" crests to refinish as I stated in a previous post. I would like to pass my good fortune on to you in the form of a $25 price drop for a 993 style crest refinished in stainless Cerakote "highlights" and Semi Gloss automotive enamel "lowlights". I have been offering these to members here for $150 shipped with a new OEM mounting gasket and OEM retainers. Semi Flat Black is a great match cosmeticly to the factory rear model designations. I can also finish the lowlights in Flat Black however if you prefer.

Mid Winter Special pricing is $125 shipped with all mounting hardware included. If you've been "on the fence" about ordering one for your Porsche now may be the time to hop off. As soon as this suppy of useable cores is gone the prices will revert back to their previous level as the market prices for used pieces has climbed due to Porsche's price increase for new crests.

Each of these is a custom piece made to order. Therefore the time from receipt of payment to actual shipping is 5-10 business days.

Although these are the newer style crests they do look great on any generation PCar. If you are interested in one please send a PM to me.

Please note that the Semi Flat Black lowlights in the photo below appear glossier than they are due to the camera flash.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

I still have additional 993 style crests available. Let me know if you would like one to create one for your Porsche. I will have to return to the regular pricing schedule soon.

Regards: Jim
Old 03-15-2013, 09:45 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

I will run the "Mid Winter Special" through March 30th. Any order received by that date I will honor the pricing however after that the cost will go back up to $150 shipped with mounting hardware.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:16 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

In an effort to continue providing newer options for custom crests I have recently aquired the capability to plate crests in Gold, Silver and Nickel. I'm very excited about the capability to create even more custom options for PCars. Here are the pics of my first two completed items. They have polished silver plated highlights and automotive enamel Semi Flat / Matte Black "lowlights".

901 or "Older" Style Crest:

996 or "Newer" Style Crest:

Each one of these is made by hand, by me and is triple plated in order to stand up to the elements. Due to the additional time required and the expense of the silver plating materials I am offering silver plated refinished crests to Pelican Members at $199.99 shipped with, as usual, a new OEM Emblem Gasket and retainers. I will be listing these on eBay as well for $229.99. Production time from receipt of payment to shipping is approximately 10-12 business days. Please let me know if you are interested.

Best Regards: Jim Yurgealitis
Old 04-17-2013, 11:59 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
What's on YOUR Hood?

Hello all:
I’ve been busy trying to create new and unique refinished pieces to personalize your Porsche. As I had stated previously I have acquired the capability to plate and polish refinished crests which provides additional options as far as finishing is concerned. I’ve produced a few prototypes in order to gauge interest amongst my fellow enthusiasts:
Here's one of my favorites.....red, white and blue enamel over a polished nickel plate 996 style crest:

Brushed Nickel Finish without enamel in the “Lowlights”:

Light Stainless Cerakote "highlights" with Flat Black and Signal Red "lowlights" on a 996 style crest. This now rides on the front of Rennlist Member “ JPD17” 997. Thanks Jon!!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:58 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

Here's a custom order going out today. Customer has a black Panamera and had the calipers refinished in Porsche color code 2D8 - "Acid Green". Crest is a 996 style piece in Light Stainless Cerakote with matte black and acid green:

Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

Actively refinishing crests for members this weekend. If there is something distinctive you would like in order to individualize and separate your Porsche from the herd please let me know. I truly enjoy refinishing these for fellow enthusiasts.

Cheers: Jim
Old 07-27-2013, 09:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

I have had a number of requests to do a crest with Porsche Speed Yellow as a lowlight color. I did have the chance to do one as a "demonstrator" or sample piece with "stainless" cerakote and and semi flat / matte black on a 996 (newer) style crest :

Old 08-20-2013, 11:49 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

Here's a few pics of the Speed Yellow and Satin Black over Silver Cerakote piece that I refinished for Rennlist member "Opo". If you're anywhere near Katy, TX you might see this coming up behind you....

Old 10-03-2013, 04:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepidagent View Post
While I was completing some customer orders this past weekend I decided to make a few variations on a theme:

Semi-Flat black over "stainless" cerakote.......just showing more silver where the red would be on a factory crest

And another......semi flat black over stainless cerakote with anthracite mettalic accents:

Finished with two additional coats of satin clear to provide a consistent finish. Constructive criticism welcomed. Let me know what you think!

I have a small album of some of the previous pieces I've made up on photobucket. You can see them by clicking on the link here:

Refinished Porsche Hood Crests pictures by jtyurg - Photobucket

I'll make more this weekend for orders received this week. please PM me if interested!
NICE Job!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:19 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Yellow Porsche Hood Badge

I'm interested in the hood badge for my 997 with the Speed Yellow custom paint. How do I get one???

Is this thread still active?
Old 11-19-2013, 04:09 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
What's on YOUR Hood?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been diverted lately by a number of family and work related issues however I'll be able to focus on creating custom pieces at a steadier pace over the next few weeks if any fellow Rennlister's are interested in ordering one.

As before each order includes free shipping (within the US) as well as an OEM Porsche Gasket and retainers.

Cheers: Jim

Old 01-31-2014, 07:51 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)
Old 01-31-2014, 07:51 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: