Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
944 addict

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mytrplseven
Clutch PITA... info only

I replaced my clutch master cylinder while I was in there but couldn't get any fluid to come out of the slave when I tried to bleed it. I pulled the bleed nipple out and cleaned it out but still no fluid came out when bleeding from top or bottom. I'm now convinced that the old slave (original) has so much crud in it that it's plugged from the inside. So, waiting for new replacement of the slave and I'm convinced that it will solve the problem.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You might want to replace the hose from the master to the slave while you are at it.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
In the Fires of Hell.....

Garage
I really don't have much good to say about Porsche's clutch hydraulics.
1987 944S - Restored salvage title, ready to live again
Old 12-06-2018, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

When I did mine, I had to use air at about 12 psi into the reservoir to get the flow to start.
If that does not work try pushing the clutch paddle down (gently !) to the floor.
Sox
Old 12-14-2018, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Today I replaced the slave cylinder and the rubber hose feed line. This was so much easier than I anticipated. I'm now replacing all the brake rubber lines with braided lines as well since I'm having to flush and replace the fluid in the reservoir any how. The little brake line fittings on the frame are causing me fits. They won't turn due to old age and I'm trying to get them to free up. I don't dare use propane torch since they're under the plastic wheel well liner and next to the fuel lines. Last thing I want to do is screw up the fitting. I'm soaking them overnight with penetrating oil and will try again tomorrow.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
In the Fires of Hell.....

Garage
Take out the wheel liners...
1987 944S - Restored salvage title, ready to live again
Old 12-17-2018, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The newest of the noobs!

Rusty old brake line fittings require the judicious use of a vise grip. The fitting will look a bit ratty when your done, but it works. Otherwise, you're looking at rounding off the fitting to infinity and beyond~!
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Built!
2004 Winnebago Vectra track day motel
Old 12-19-2018, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Driver side front wouldn't turn so I cut the old line and turned the rubber line end while holding the small 11 mm end to remove the line. Then used WD 40 to soak the small fitting and started working it back and forth a little at a time until it finally loosened on the brake line. The passenger side, however, is more reluctant to come apart at all. I've soaked the fitting overnight and purchased a set of line (flare) wrenches to go after it again. It was a pain trying to find a set that included the 11mm wrench and finally found a set at NAPA auto parts. Will see how it goes today.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: