Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

frequency valve??

Hello everyone I just got my turbo working again after a stuck wastegate. BUT after only about 10 miles of driving I'm back to low boost after a thorough examination I discovered one of the lines that goes to the frequency valve or at least I think it's the frequency valve has broken off. It is the round plastic thing with 3 lines running to it and you can unplug it? Anyway one of the lines that go under the intake has broken off from age/heat. I was just wondering if this will make my car not boost or if my wastegate has failed again. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-01-2005, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

On a stock 951, the KLR controls boost by opening/closing the cycling valve (you are calling it frequency valve).
If the cycling valve (CV) is damaged, you will have boost problems..

The CV is connected to 3 hoses:
1 - Banjo bolt (pressure side on turbo to intercooler pipe)
2 - Return line going back to J-pipe in front of turbo
3 - Line going to top of wastegate.

Most people with aftermarket chips do eliminate the CV. So you might be able to pick one up for few $$..
Old 03-01-2005, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick reply. My cyclic valve works and I just went and looked and it is the middle hose that broke. I was wondering if it would be possible to replace the line without pulling the intake? Also I was wondering if this line needs to come from porsche or if I can use high pressure hose or ? Thanks again

Last edited by matz951; 03-01-2005 at 08:04 PM..
Old 03-01-2005, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

You can use any rubber hose to fix. it. Fuel house in 1/4" ID / 1/2" OD works perfect for it. However, it's a very tight fit down there and I'm not sure if anyone ever been able to replace a hose without breaking the plastic ports off the cycling-valve.

Leaks in these hoses or the cycling-valve would vent pressure away from the wastegate. You'd get uncontrollable overboosting and may end up blowing up your engine.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

just sent you an email matz, i think i'm having the same trouble...

looks like a dual port lindsey wg is going to be on order soon

Old 03-17-2005, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: