Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
How much is it worth? (Mint 89 turbo, low miles)

What would you guys say a black 89 turbo (I picked it up from the original owner, dealer maintained and needs absolutely nothing) with 54k miles worth? It's got sport seats, and a few other factory options. I've owned 5 944 turbos, worked on dozens and this is the tightest, best driving one I've ever come across...

I love the car, but it might be a little too nice for me, I'm kind of getting tired of worrying about every little bump in the road, and where I park the car, etc.

Here's a picture:

When I say how much do you think it's worth I don't mean how much could I get for it if I waited 5 years to sell the car, but how much it could bring in a reasonable amount of time?

Thanks for any input.
Ahmet

Old 11-21-2005, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It's worth at least $15K. Maybe as much as $20K to the right buyer.

I bought a '89 in '98 with 35K miles for $16.5K and sold it in 2001 with $41K for $15K. Like you, it was too nice for me. A year later I bought a '88 non-S with 176K miles for $1000. I've got about $3.5K total in it and it needs about another $1K-1.5K to be pretty squared away. But I'm driving it as is, for now.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

pm sent
Old 11-21-2005, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I would not consider selling it at less than 15k. I wanted an idea of what it could bring, and I do appreciate the feedback. I may put it up for sale in the coming weeks.
Ahmet
Old 11-21-2005, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I bought my '89 sith sport seats, 10 speaker stereo option, LSD, M030 and 76k miles for less than $10k. It did have some cracks in the dash and the batwing is pretty well beat up. Paint is good with a few chips on the nose and one door ding. No maintaince records but the owner seemed to care a great deal for the car and had all service done at one shop who vouched for it's condition.

Compared to what others have paid for an '89 I do feel like I got a good deal. It is probably worth more than I paid.

Last edited by SD Porsche Fan; 11-22-2005 at 07:49 AM..
Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I've looked for over 6 months to find mine, I'd hate to get rid of it. I've had several people offer me $15k already. I will NOT be selling it before it sees a track day or two. I've had many cars on track, and a near stock 951S is one that I wouldn't mind adding to the list.
Ahmet
Old 11-21-2005, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

vott does ziss do?

never take anything to the track that you can't walk away from

Old 11-22-2005, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: