Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

fuel pressure question

I am new new owner to an 86 944S that is trying to kill me. I suspect that it needs a new pressure regulator, as well as dampner. Is there a way to clean and test these, or perhaps a cheat for the OEM part...meaning a part that will sub for the rather expensive Porsche versions??? To date I have installed new: Battery, spark plugs, cap and rotor, DME relay, fuel pump, fuel filter......other than the reference sensor and speed sensor, which by reading the thread seem like a holy PITA to change, I think it must be the reg or dampner causing the fuel delivery issue. The car will start if I spray starter fluid in it....but dies as soon as the fluid is burnt....any ideas out there?? BTW the history of the car is this, (supposedly) it ran well but wanst holding a charge, and the owner never had the time to work on it, and thus it sat and got forgotten for three years.....until I found it for sale for next to nothing. I am a very novice mechanic, but have taught myself to be methodical and relentless....and want to learn all I can. I took on this car as a project, and it sure has turned into one.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
welcome to porsche ownership! you might want to try posting your questions in the 944 forum (this is the turbo forum). they are similar, but very different cars.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I realized that, and re-posted as soon as I saw that I had clicked the wrong forum...sorry about that...and thanks!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
speed/ref sensors are simple to change. I changed them by myself at a gas station (broke down and had the parts with me) with a flashlight and a wrench w/socket and extension in 15 minutes total.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Realizing this was a post to the wrong forum, but I am reviving it as I do have a question on fuel pressure regulators on a 951 ('86). I'm not sure what is going on, but lately I'm having a fuel pressure issue. I thought it was my ignition relay, then I wondered about the fuel pump, and then the filter. Basically it would just stall out. The first time I noticed the fuel pressure was naught... so I swapped out ignition relays and it fired back up. Ran fine for a bit then it did it again. Swapping relays didn't appear to remedy. Simply put it would fire up and immediately stall out. Then after a while it ran fine. I'm wondering if my problem is the FPR. It is about 5 years old. The question is how can I determine if my FPR is on the frits?
Old 11-11-2017, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: