Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porsche Enthusiast

Garage
Yeah super jealous. Thanks man for the kind words about my car. Much appreciated.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Don't get butt hurt over it. If you don't want to hear people's opinions, then don't post stuff on the internet.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

BP11. Why don't you quit spamming and making snide remarks on other peoples questions and hard work. You would do better to post something useful. Or maybe you can post some pictures of your great projects and pure mechanical brilliance so we can criticize you. Quit wasting peoples time with your meaningless posts....

porsche na-t, nice project. keep up the good work.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Wow the valve cover looks amazing. Is it painted or powdercoated? If it's painted what paint did you use? I want to do a red valve cover with brushed lettering too. Well done.
Can you post a couple closer pics of the valve cover?
Phil
Old 08-23-2010, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Porsche Enthusiast

Garage
updates 2/27/11

guess i should update and post some pics of all my custom work..........

made my own gts headlights out of fiberglass and bent some plexiglass covers.
i made a good solid mould so could possibly duplicate for your custom job.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Porsche Enthusiast

Garage
some shots from starting install....

next i created new mounts for the rear hatch out of fiberglass so i could install a 90's celica wing. i loved the look of the 968 turbo rs wing but didnt need it to be adjustable and this looked very similiar. still a long ways from done. have a lot of gaps to fill and makes sure everything is straight.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

i love the headlight setup. clean and one thing less to go wrong.

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 02-27-2011, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

What kind of spoiler is that? Also who makes that bumper?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Porsche Enthusiast

Garage
thanks. the headlights took me about 5 months to make (including the mould).

the spoiler is off a 90's celica hatchback. closest thing to the 968 turbo RS wing i could find.
i used the rubber wing as a template and just started shaping everything then casted a mould so i could make the final product out of lightweight hollow fiberglass. next will be making moulds of the new side trim to cast in fiberglass. if there is interest i took tons of pictures when i was making the setup.

the bumper is also custom. all i did was do away with the fog lights and remove the spot for the euro plate for more air to the IC. i cut out the boxes that hold them and layed fiberglass to cover and then its shapping and smoothing. the splitter i also made but mounts to the outside of the bumper like racecars, not like the AIR one.
wish i could afford the real products but so far everything is coming along great and very pleased with it so far. alot more time will be invested to make fitment perfect.

thanks for looking!

also if there are any idea's out there shoot em this way. i love to experiment mostly with fiberglass. im also in the middle of making VW mk3 pull style handles work also. couple people i see are working on this mod. will have pictures available soon!

Last edited by porsche na-t; 02-28-2011 at 02:57 PM..
Old 02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

You should post a separate thread in both the 944 and 951 areas about those headlights. There are MANY people that have considered these fixed headlight conversions but shied away because of price and poor fit. If you can produce a quality product for a low price, you will have a LOT of demand for those.

Awesome work man, love all the fab stuff. A personal touch on everything.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TheCooler
Nice deal man! I wish I could have traded my old jetta for a 951

-2007 Ford PIMP(free)star ...company car....
-1999.5 Jetta VR6
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: