Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick13 View Post
Tires and Brakes win races!

just my nickels worth
This is true to a point. Unfortunately you buy an Evo and spend $5k-$10k on it and it will be up with older Cup Cars. Awd is a big bonus. We have just had the biggest Time Attack event down here and at this track a really fast Cup S will do it in about 1:32secs. These Evos were down to 1:28...on R spec rubber!!!! Scary!! Oh, these Evo had significantly more money spent on them than $10k though.

World Time Attack Challenge | 2011 Eastern Creek Sydney Australia

Youtube 333pg333

86 modified 951
Old 08-11-2011, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
There is no substitute..

Garage
Ok
Old 08-11-2011, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Great fun

The only way is turbo I have a 375 to 400 hp that is very fast and hard for any car to keep up with on a roll, Have beat a new BMW M6 in a straight line but not by much. Identify and understand 944 weak points and beef those first. Reduce the weight of all old 80's tech valve springs retainers locks crank flywheel clutch, it needs more rpm to get the best use of the 400 hp life. Be carful when shopping for the tuning software so much comes and they wont be supported. Bigger turbo to match flow of the induction system. Lindsey kits are pretty sound support is so so. Yes some extra money is handy.:
Old 09-30-2017, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Why did you think resurrecting a 7 year old thread was relevant? Asking out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT951 View Post
The only way is turbo I have a 375 to 400 hp that is very fast and hard for any car to keep up with on a roll, Have beat a new BMW M6 in a straight line but not by much. Identify and understand 944 weak points and beef those first. Reduce the weight of all old 80's tech valve springs retainers locks crank flywheel clutch, it needs more rpm to get the best use of the 400 hp life. Be carful when shopping for the tuning software so much comes and they wont be supported. Bigger turbo to match flow of the induction system. Lindsey kits are pretty sound support is so so. Yes some extra money is handy.:
Old 10-01-2017, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern_aqs View Post
Why did you think resurrecting a 7 year old thread was relevant? Asking out of curiosity.
Well, to be fair to the guy, this IS the Pelican Parts forum. Thread was probably still on Page 1.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: