Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
'86 951 Suspension Questions

I need to refresh the suspension in my '86 951, and I'm overwhelmed by what seams to be many different directions I could go. Right now she still has the factory original suspension and drive train. Does anyone have any advice as to where i could find information on the various options? Let me break down my wants/objectives/intentions:

-I have a newly refurbished factory LSD that I will be installing that I imagine will tighten the car up a little. Guards Transmission did the work, and he set up the LSD for the road or light track.

-I would like to keep the ride height and spring rate close to stock settings.

-I'm thinking I'm going to need a new anti roll bar (or two) to get the car to handle the way I want it to, neutral and loose on power.

-I would like for the car to be track worthy, but I don't plan on putting in any heavy track time.

-I would like to replace all of the old bushings and rubber mounts that I can, but I have no idea where to start.

-I have no idea which shocks to buy or if I need new springs.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a good weekend!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
951's are pretty capable for light track driving stock. If your not going to track it much I wouldn't do much more than sport springs that lower it an inch or so. My 951 is prepared for the track, stiff springs, hard bushings, the whole nine yards. It's very good on a track but it sucks balls to drive on the street. If you change a sway bar I would use adjustable ones, they may not produced the desired results and if you can't change them your screwed. IMO, I would refresh with stock as much as possible. If you start to seriously track it that's a whole new world.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
There is no substitute..

Garage
If you want you can try to find Turbo S M030 kits... it can be interesting if you dont want to put the big price and do light track
Old 06-02-2013, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: