Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

glad to hear my thread is helping someone avoid MY mistakes. my mantra became "if at first you do not succeed, try again .. and again... "

good luck on your project.

hoping to finish the AC delete today. yesterday had to reseat the drivers window in my 911, came off the rail.

when I get the 951 back together and refreshed for the next DE, then install the AC compressor in the 87 944S.

if I can ever get these little items done I really want to spend time on my 930 conversion project. I have been doing some work on cleaning/rebuilding some suspension components. need to update that thread too.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/847975-930-clone-restore-if-you-had-do-all-over.html

and then there is the 928 project, prep for full repaint.

and I thought when I retired I would have enough time for all of this. wife is getting frustrated I am not helping enough with yard/house projects.
86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

got the AC delete done and preped the 951 for next DE, this coming weekend at Nelson Ledges. 944Fest.

got the AC compressor replaced in the 944S, now blowing nice and cold.

got the window fixed on the 911.

did just a little more work on suspension parts for the 930, and got a package of wheels bearings and turbo tie rods.

then finally put the insulation and paneling on the ceiling of the trailer and painted the wood sides. turned out pretty nice.

and got the 951 loaded, ready to leave in the morning for 944Fest.

and in between all of that, even got some project done for the wife.

until the next installment.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

well... had a great time on Fri at the 944fest. at the end of the last session my clutch developed a problem. feel pressure when pushing in pedal but clutch does not disengage. wont know until I pull it. not a job I am looking forward to. did that when building the car. installed all new spec PP, clutch, alum flywheel, TO and pilot bearings. current suspect is a broken finger on the fork, talked to another guy at the event who had that happen and exactly the same symptom.

good news is I got home safe.

with the prep work to get the 928 painted, not sure if I'll get this fixed before the Oct DE events I had intended to attend, or in time to register.

maybe get more work done on the 930. I am hoping to have it on the road next year.

until the next update.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

hit submit too fast.

I also had a loss of power during one session. symptoms was boost not going as high as normal and very low AFR.

immediate suspicion was intake leak.

sure enough, after some checking found one of the hose clamps on the pipe from IC to the intake loose. had that and the air cleaner box off checking TB tension. tighten up and back to normal. until the clutch issues.

always something on these old buggies.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: