Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbonut

Garage
I have answered all the questions that were asked...

If these your questions in your edited post were so reasonable, why you deleted them then?
Old 01-05-2015, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Sadly you've talked me out of it. Shame, it looks very promising.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Turbonut

Garage
I never considered you as a serious buyer and your kind of buyer (who mostly shows scepticism and disrespect, thinks they are king with their money) is not something any seller is looking forward to, let alone who sells sophisticated equipment like engine management systems.

Last edited by Raceboy; 01-06-2015 at 07:30 AM..
Old 01-05-2015, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceboy View Post
I never considered you as a serious buyer and your kind of buyer (who mostly shows scepticism and disrespect, thinks they are king with their money) is not something any seller is looking forward to, let alone who sells sophisticated equipment like engine management systems.

Stupid questions will get adequate answers, it is always wise to at least try to learn something...
You are mistaken. People that google you now can find this thread and will form their own opinion.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for helping to flush this out blade7. No positive customer service experience starts out like this.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
I would buy it.

It should be said however, that some people aren't qualified to make purchases like this. Let alone actually install and setup.

Give this guy a break. He is obviously a smart dude with low patience for people who ask questions. Especially when the answer is found in the original post.

A no-nonsense fella. That being said, his customer relations could use a little polish.

Ha!
Old 01-05-2015, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick13 View Post

some people aren't qualified to make purchases like this.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Vems

Dear fellow pelicanites,

since we run several 944 turbos here in Germany that we use on street and as race cars we where thinking about a pnp system our selfs.

These cars are now well over 400 hp / 600 Nm and the original Bosch System is limiting us a lot.

We run a dyno and do a lot of ecu programming by the way.

So I saw this thread and went into PN contact to Peep aka race boy.

He called me back and I checked up about what he did and about the vems background also via their homepage.

Under the line:

Very nice contact to Peep
Very good technical background
Solid knowledge about turbo engines
System is very much capable of what I was about to do.

Result:

I will order it

Sirs - this is a major step for all who are working on these cars !

All the compromise around the std ecu is solved and we shoul be thankful for such an innovative work.

Must be said that I'm not related with race boy in any way.

The first system will be tested on my private 951 convertible and we will do a full documentation on Facebook, including mounting, final start, mapping, dyno work.

For some more background and pictures, also of the cars, have a look here:

https://de-de.facebook.com/edelweissmotorsport

Best reg,

Dirk
Old 01-05-2015, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Turbonut

Garage
Thanks Dirk and Rick.

I aswered all the questions that were asked and also these that were already answered int he original post. It is clearly said that you get what is pictured, why would someone ask then do I have to find and install the connectors?

And I totally agree with Rick regarding being a qualified person to buy EMS. Perhaps I would not put it that harsh, but as I mentioned in my earlier post, blade7 should definitely get more familiar with engine management systems before trying to buy one.

I have sold quite a bit of VEMS ECU's and so far I get along with customers well. 911 guys did not complain about my support: VEMS install - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Last edited by Raceboy; 01-06-2015 at 07:31 AM..
Old 01-05-2015, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Peep, you tried to sell your EMS on the 944t forum over on Rennlist and your posts were deleted. You know nothing about me yet you suggest I don't know about my car or engine management. For your information I've owned my 944 turbo for 7 years and work on it myself, have a background fabricating and building US Indy cars, Formula 3000 and Lemans Sportscars amongst others, so I'm no "peasant" either. I've been considering and researching piggyback and now standalone for a while so my questions to you were designed as much to see what your support was likely to be like, so far it seems to be an epic fail. Obviously you're no salesman but if you put a product out there in the market place and then start insulting your potential customers it seems to be a strange business plan.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Turbonut

Garage
My post in RL was deleted because I was not a site sponsor.

And please stop the crying, I answered all the questions, they just kept getting stupider. You did not even bother reading original post because most answers were already there.
And don't speak of yourself as "potential customers", it was you alone who started patronizing me. Want me to restore your message that you edited out?
I am not sure what was your role in building the cars you claim to have built, but it certainly was not something that requires electrical backround.
I have installed and sold VEMS units since 2005, strangely still in business.

Since you said you will not going to buy this, and you clearly not asking any reasonable question, could you please stay out of this topic? You can PM me if you really want to take it any further but honestly I have much better places to spend my time on...

Last edited by Raceboy; 01-06-2015 at 07:32 AM..
Old 01-06-2015, 03:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

The only one crying here is you, feel free to spend your time somewhere else as I'm going nowhere.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Turbonut

Garage
Ok, keep posting your bs here then...

Last edited by Raceboy; 01-06-2015 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Removed insults
Old 01-06-2015, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceboy View Post
Ok, keep posting your bs here then...

Just shows what a bellend you really is..
Your true colours are clear to see.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
In the Fires of Hell.....

Garage
Guys, this kind of drivel is for Rennlist....

KEEP IT OFF OF PELICAN!!!!!
1987 924S 944 SPEC racecar - '88 pistons/DME, short 5th
1987 944S - WIP
Old 01-06-2015, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Turbonut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade7 View Post
Your true colours are clear to see.
Likewise.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

I have a VEMS system from Peep as well. It will be installed later and the engine is being done by Dirk, Edelweiss Motorsport, who I had quick chat about last year about me choosing VEMS. Maybe he remembered
Old 01-12-2015, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Turbonut

Garage
Thanks Andre!

Here's a video of the VEMS Plug and play ecu running a 944 Turbo engine with stock harness and sensors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNMQT46UXfY&feature=youtu.be
Old 01-24-2015, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Turbonut

Garage
I had a chance to borrow a bone stock '86 951 from a friend and tuned the VEMS ECU so it drives at least as good as stock (well, better lol) while allowing to make any modification you want to your engine, induction or exhaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hn4GkEPp44
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

This question may be a bit elementary, but how well does the stock Heater/AC work with this unit? A few standalone systems mean you sacrifice the use of the climate control.

It seems in your original post that the wiring for the climate control is also on the VEMS unit. And judging by the snow in the video, you must have had the heat on and working.

Thanks for looking at my question, and sorry if question is a bit daft.

Cheers
Old 04-02-2015, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: