Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
944 addict

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mytrplseven
'86 951 resto back on

After a year of delays I'm finally back on track, restoring my '86 951 Martini tribute car project. Just finishing up in the paint booth and ready to get it back in the garage for some mechanical finish work. Added Borla catback exhaust, manual sunroof latches, new front glass and complete repaint, of course.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Very much looking forward to seeing how this turn out - the Martini livery has always been a favorite.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Very very cool, I am most certainly following this! Im happy you have had more time to work on this, we need more of this sort out and about!
Old 01-11-2018, 12:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
'86 951 resto continued

Progress photos of the restoration of the Martini tribute car project. Graphics, one of Kyle's short shifter kits and new trans seals.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Love what you're doing here. At the Amelia Island Concours this year they had a slew of absolutely stunning cars in the Martini livery.

I couldn't figure out how to make the one pic NOT sideways so ... well, but here it is.

Thought you might like to see
(caution: a couple non-Porsche !)

Old 03-18-2018, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Oh, wow. Thanks for sharing those. Putting the tranny back in today after scraping Texas crud off and repainting it. It's hard to stay on task when wife wants to go on cruises and local club activities.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Everything on the rear now installed and because I have to history on the motor, I'm replacing everything on the front of the engine just to be sure. Can't seem to find the timing marks as shown in the manual on the flywheel. lt's a puzzle. I'm almost convinced that an after market flywheel was installed at some point. Plus the flywheel surface that should show ref marks doesn't show in the bellhousing bottom viewing square. A new puzzle every day.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
This is what made me decide to do everything on the front of my barn find. With no repair history I decided to replace ALL of it. worn balance shaft seals, sleeves and complete timing belt kit and aux belts.

New is BETTER

Last edited by mytrplseven; 05-03-2018 at 04:28 AM..
Old 05-02-2018, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Just when I thought I was getting close to the finish.............Sold the 911 turbo wheels .....But found a great set of 17" Cup 1's that should be a much better wheel for Xcross and DE. Found the oil pump drive gear really shot and a radiator to gooseneck tube rusted out. Pulled the cam tower for sand blasting and painting and new cam shaft and crankshaft seals.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: