Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
After Tial F38 installed, WG body in contact with torque tube = > OK or NOT

Just got Tial F38 wastegate installed along with the 3 exhaust system. Custom job done by a very reputable fabricator, and excellent job execution by all means. Installation done with adaptor plates, hooked into 2-piece cross over pipe and dump tied into exhaust just before Hi-Flo CAT. Support bracket between OE WG and torque tube not used.

For some reason fabricator decided to set the body of the WG in contact with the torque tube. Zero clearance when exhaust cold sitting solidly on the torque tube.

Do any of you see issues down the road with set up like this? I am not concerned about the movement under engine torque (rotation) as everything will/should rotate at the same amounts (up to that point everything is sold joints engine, exhaust, WG, torque tube). Temperature expansions / contractions of the WG branch is what is maybe worrying me a bit, or I am over thinking it? Car is not a daily driver, but sees a solid push on DE days.

Also, not sure how the OE WG was supported via helper bracket connected with the torque tube? Was there a soft joint feature in that set up or it was a solid bolt-to bolt execution? If later than I should be OK I guess.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
In the Fires of Hell.....

Garage
Stock is solidly mounted to TT with a bracket.

You should be fine, as all of the setups I am aware of that use the Tial do not use the stock bracket.
I can fix your late 944 Cruise Control module - PM for details
Old 05-27-2018, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
your average wrencher...

Garage
Looks like mine for the last 8 years. You'll be fine.

1988 XJ 5in lift,long arms, 4.6 stroker, ax-15 w/ 35s
1995.5 Audi S6 Full RS2 bolt-ons, EFI tuned.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: