Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Mainja

Garage
Locals In Tampa Bay Area

Are any of you folks living in the Tampa Bay Area? If so I wanted to know if you could pass along any recommendations for mechanics that service your 964 or 993's. I found one gentleman in my area but he's likely to be retiring soon. So was looking for other options. Can you please help me out? Also be nice to meet a fellow enthusiast, doesn't seem Tampa Bay has a very active club here.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The Suncoast PCA Region (https://suncoastpca.org/) is very active, with great people. They run socials, autocross, and HPDE at Sebring.

As far as competent shops, there are plenty. Here's a thread with a few:

PPI: Bradenton/Sarasota Florida Area

I know and respect Carlos Debonis in Sarasota. Closer to Tampa, you could call Ernie at Chilly Performance in Tampa; Vortex is good; European Performance is another.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Mainja

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by riparian View Post
The Suncoast PCA Region (https://suncoastpca.org/) is very active, with great people. They run socials, autocross, and HPDE at Sebring.

As far as competent shops, there are plenty. Here's a thread with a few:

PPI: Bradenton/Sarasota Florida Area

I know and respect Carlos Debonis in Sarasota. Closer to Tampa, you could call Ernie at Chilly Performance in Tampa; Vortex is good; European Performance is another.
Thanks for your input, I'll be checking those shops soon. Trying to get my baby back to her former glory. Haven't participated with the Club here yet, and last time at an autocross event was over 7 years ago when I was living in Oklahoma. She had been garaged kept for 4 years and I hadn't even realized the market exploded back in 2015 on valuations. Kind of blew my mind seeing what people are willing to pay for them. Anyway, thanks for your assistance.

Last edited by Mainja; 06-21-2018 at 09:47 PM..
Old 06-21-2018, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I am in Tampa. Specifically South Tampa. I only take my cars to Eibell performance. Located in Clearwater. I know that is far from Litha but we’ll work it. Porsche master mechanics and family owned. Ask for Kurt. Tell him 964 Mike sent you.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I use Leo Leal at German Specialties in Oldsmar, but we are very lucky to have a number of very good independent shops in the area. You should come out to the Reeves Motorsports Cars and Coffee event the first Saturday of every month (7am - 9am). A lot of Porsche folks and a lot of interesting cars.

"Life is hard; it's harder when you're stupid." - John Wayne
Old 07-02-2018, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Mainja

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike964_61 View Post
I am in Tampa. Specifically South Tampa. I only take my cars to Eibell performance. Located in Clearwater. I know that is far from Litha but we’ll work it. Porsche master mechanics and family owned. Ask for Kurt. Tell him 964 Mike sent you.
Mike thanks for the info, I originally grew up in South Tampa and went to Plant HS. As soon as my car gets it's AC fixed I'm going to go around and check out some of the shops personally.

Do you have a pic of your car you can post?
Old 07-08-2018, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Mainja

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon-FL View Post
I use Leo Leal at German Specialties in Oldsmar, but we are very lucky to have a number of very good independent shops in the area. You should come out to the Reeves Motorsports Cars and Coffee event the first Saturday of every month (7am - 9am). A lot of Porsche folks and a lot of interesting cars.
Thank you also for your input, I'll add yours to my list to visit also. I guess I'm lucky at the moment with my guy being miles from me. But I'm certain its a matter of time before he closes shop.

I see you're in Brandon area, maybe we can get together one day and take the cars out for a spin and a beer if you like.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
My name is Brandon, I live in Carrollwood and I do like beer.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Mainja

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon-FL View Post
My name is Brandon, I live in Carrollwood and I do like beer.
Brandon, when my car is back, will have to do something about getting the beer then. Sorry for the confusion regarding your name.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Mainja that’s funny. I grew up in Valrico and then moved to Tampa after college.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Pics
Old 07-16-2018, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Old 07-16-2018, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Old 07-16-2018, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Mainja

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike964_61 View Post
Very nice car Mike964_61! Love that red.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Mainja

Garage
Old 07-16-2018, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Mainja

Garage
Old 07-16-2018, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you! GPW C2 is always nice to see.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Mainja

Garage
That's a repaint, right? Did you get that done locally?
Old 07-17-2018, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainja View Post
Mike thanks for the info, I originally grew up in South Tampa and went to Plant HS.
I'm H. B. Plant class of '77. Grew up in Hyde Park first block off Bayshore.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 07-17-2018, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
No repaint, original paint with paint correction. URY914, that's pretty cool. I see you are in JAX, that's where I was born then my parents moved us down here when I was like three. Small world.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: