Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

993 oil won't drain from fill tube.

Hello everyone, so the problem is that when I add a bit of oil to her ( very little) the oil fills the neck of the fill tube and just sits there. Engine running, reved, and the engine is not over full checked by the gauge and dipstick. It's only when I take her for a short drive that it finally sucks down the oil. This has happened the last two times I've checked and added oil to her. Never has happened in the past, still has the factory fill tube extender fill neck thing which has an intact grate on the bottom preventing debris from entering, so there should be no obstructions... Looking if anyone else has experienced this or knows what's going on. Thanks in advance! I'll post a pic of it as well.

Last edited by 911-S; 07-01-2018 at 04:47 PM..
Old 07-01-2018, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911-S View Post
Hello everyone, so the problem is that when I add a bit of oil to her ( very little) the oil fills the neck of the fill tube and just sits there. Engine running, reved, and the engine is not over full checked by the gauge and dipstick. It's only when I take her for a short drive that it finally sucks down the oil. This has happened the last two times I've checked and added oil to her. Never has happened in the past, still has the factory fill tube extender fill neck thing which has an intact grate on the bottom preventing debris from entering, so there should be no obstructions... Looking if anyone else has experienced this or knows what's going on. Thanks in advance! I'll post a pic of it as well.
Just raise the rear of the car a few inches, here's what I do for oil changes
Old 07-02-2018, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Verburg View Post
Just raise the rear of the car a few inches, here's what I do for oil changes
Thanks Bill, I just figured gravity would already take the oil down even on level ground.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: