Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

915 transmission : takes some muscle to put in 5th.

Hi guys, My 915 transmission has been running very good, except when I want to put it in 5th, it just needs a hard push forward in order to get it engaged, no grinding, no weird noises, just it needs more pressure from my fest to go into gear. I know my clutch is adjusted properly because it shifts in all other gears swiftly. Do you think that this is something related to adjusting the shifter or the coupling behind the rear seats or is it something inside the box that needs to be fixed/rebullt? I thought I need to check with you guys before I go with $$$ to rebuild the box.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

sounds like the box is buggered and only worth a few hundred.. tell you what, I'll give you a grand.

Just kidding.. it sounds like it is needing a slight adjustment with the position of shift coupler.. or perhaps there is a bit of slop in the bushings that only affects you enough in 5th gear?
Old 07-07-2018, 12:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedsilva View Post
sounds like the box is buggered and only worth a few hundred.. tell you what, I'll give you a grand.

Just kidding.. it sounds like it is needing a slight adjustment with the position of shift coupler.. or perhaps there is a bit of slop in the bushings that only affects you enough in 5th gear?
You sure got in your first sentence!

I will try to make a slight adjustment and see what will happen.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2018, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
911's have a G50 tranny since 1987 -> Are you sure you are in the right forum? What year/model is your car?

I'l move this thread if helpful.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: