Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

C4 short shifter

I've done searches on this forum and others as well but still haven't found what I need. does anyone make one for the C4? if anyone has a pic of an RS shifter on a C4 with a modified tranny cover can they post a pic of how much modification was done. I apologize in advance if this is beating a dead horse.

thank you,
GC
Old 08-08-2018, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Yes.

Check with Darin at FD Motorsports - they make a great kit. I'm a very satisfied customer!

https://fdmotorsports.net/

Regards,

Old 08-08-2018, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemoto View Post
Yes.

Check with Darin at FD Motorsports - they make a great kit. I'm a very satisfied customer!

Regards,

is your car a C4 with their short shift?
Old 08-09-2018, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

is any one running an FD Motorsports short shifter on a C4? i know they work on C2s but i'm more interested on C4 and if they had to modify anything?

thank you
GC
Old 08-11-2018, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
If it is any help, two English companies, Porscheshop and Type 911 sell 964 C4 short shift kits. Type 911 mentions modifications to the under tray. About 130 british pounds, do not know if they ship abroad.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

You need to modify the tunnel cover with a small flange as the end of the shift rod hangs below the tunnel. Not a simple fit and forget if that's what you're looking for.

Neil
Old 08-14-2018, 01:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

hey guys, thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. really want to avoid cutting anything so I just see if I can come up with another solution. thanks again!
Old 08-14-2018, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

C4 ssk

I saw recently that Sleepers Speed Shop in Costa Mesa was posting recently on Instagram about developing a ssk for C4 964/993s. They're testing now I think. May be worth pinging them about it... apparently no need to modify the tunnel.

Sleepers Speed Shop
Old 08-14-2018, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcraft View Post
is your car a C4 with their short shift?
It is not, but the directions and results are similar. FD's is the kit to get, my shifter and linkage is like precise rifle bolt action and it is worth every penny. I have both the RS SSK and Goldenrod. I also upgraded to the slightly firmer C4 motor mounts and am thrilled with total package. You will be too. And no, I do not have any affiliation with Darin but am totally happy with everything I've done that he suggested. I have three sets of his modified mufflers on three different cars.

There are detailed instructions on their "DIY" page. I briefly scanned the C4 page tonight and there is no cutting, just a slight dimple to be made in the central belly pan. When I installed mine I took the laptop out to the garage and followed his DIY step by step. I did use silicon grease instead of white grease however. The 90 min. estimate was spot on.

Regards,

Old 08-15-2018, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Nice info there Cemoto. It's been a while since I looked for a SSK for the C4 and it's nice to see FDM have got a neat package together for a reasonable price.

Neil
Old 08-18-2018, 12:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to EMBPilot Send a message via Yahoo to EMBPilot
another vote for FD.
putting the dimple in the tunnel is no big deal.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
911 jared

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 911 jared
I have a 964 c4. Just waiting on sleepers speed shop to finish their ssk. Looks very promising and no modifications to the tunnel cover. Im not interested in dimpling my tunnel cover. So +1 for sleepers.
05' honda s2000
Old 08-21-2018, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: