Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Honking 993. Alarm and/or immobilizer issue

Hello,

I just picked up a high mileage 96 manual 993 and now the car is driving me crazy . Maybe someone can help.

The remote unlocking does not work. I follow the emergency starting directions by unlocking (quick honk) locking unlocking. I then turn on the ignition until the immobilizer light goes of (take 2 seconds instead of 10 stated in the manual) then turn ignition off and on again and wait till the light goes off (again 2 seconds instead of 15 stated). I then enter the code. I then turn the ignition off and start the car. It starts but the lights are flashing. After about a minute it starts honking again. Any idea?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to turn this off?

Someone told me it must be the alarm and not the immobilizer because I can start the car. True?

It has two key fobs. The original one and one aftermarket? The previous owner told the trader to click on both before starting the car which I did....

Thanks

I am located in Northern NJ.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Boris

Old 08-17-2018, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

This isn't a permanent solution, but if the car drives, you can remove the horn fuse (front trunk). At least you'll be able to drive until you troubleshoot the issue.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Perhaps you could look into bypassing your immobilizer. I did this after having frustrating issues with it.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macan View Post
This isn't a permanent solution, but if the car drives, you can remove the horn fuse (front trunk). At least you'll be able to drive until you troubleshoot the issue.
Just got back from vacation and tried this. It didn't work. Took out the fuse #3 and the Relay #23. It is still honking. I bet the alarm can not be shut down by taking out a fuse, right?
Old 09-07-2018, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyc View Post
Perhaps you could look into bypassing your immobilizer. I did this after having frustrating issues with it.
Do you think it could be the immobilizer? I can start the car and it keeps running. Wouldn't the immobilizer shut down the engine? Thanks!
Old 09-07-2018, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Just removing horn fuse will not interrupt alarm horn under rear left passenger seat , the fact that it starts is odd ?
I would likely start by trying to remove influence of aftermarket key fob , try and get factory equip
ment functioning and go from there .
The lights and horn should beep and flash deafening so ..
R 2.5 Twin Plug
Old 09-07-2018, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

KYUKYU3

Garage
Mine doesn't have that second fob and doesn't honk or flash when I disable the immobilizer. Is that an aftermarket alarm on the car? Maybe you can track down the alarm brain and start to figure out how to remove it. I can imagine there are only a few places to put it like under the seats, or tucked away in the lower dashboard or frunk somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2018, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
The fact that your car drives indicates that it's not the immobilizer... This is an alarm issue. Once you go through the programming procedure you described, the remote should now be programmed to the immobilizer, unlock the door and disable the immobilizer to allow starting.

If the car is unlocked and sitting longer than 3 minutes, the doors should automatically lock and the immobilizer should automatically enable itself.

With the car unlocked and the immobilizer enabled, you should be able to turn the key to the III position, push the key fob button once and the immobilizer should be disabled and the car should start.
85 911 Factory Turbo-Look Targa (Gone)
Old 10-14-2018, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: