Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
FD Motorsports AWD Transmission mount vs sport 85 Shore transmission bushing

I am looking at purchasing a transmission mount for my 964 c4. I am looking at the FD Motorsports AWD Transmission mount and the sport 85 Shore transmission bushing. I contacted FD they said there mount is very good which I believe because they make very quality components. I am concerned about it being a solid mount that it will create way to much vibration. I have heard that the 85 shore is even to much for some people. Anyone have any experience with the FD Motorsports mount that can chime in and let me know your experience would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-30-2018, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
911 jared

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 911 jared
i have a 89 c4 and it had a oem transmount with power flex poly inert when i bought it. I ended up grading to a FD awd solid trans mount. i love it. it slightly more crisp on the shifts. Only down fall is i can hear the clutch chatter. It isn't terrible and very livable to me. btw my car is pretty loud so the chatter doesn't really bother me.
05' honda s2000
Old 08-31-2018, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: