Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Replacing 993 plastic oil fill line

What is the trick to install the oil fill line that goes from the oil fill tube to the oil tank? (a 4 foot black plastic hose that looks like it's from a shop vac) Fishing the hose through the chassis is the problem, especially getting it past /around the shock tower is the hard part. The old hose has already removed. Any ideas?
Old 09-10-2018, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I believe I've seen it done with a fishing wire like coat hanger attached on the front end, it may even be easier to bring it back the other way.
R 2.5 Twin Plug
Old 09-10-2018, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

This has been a weak spot on a few 993s, Iím dreading this replacement when the time comes.

There was a fellow on Rennlist that did this about a year or so go. You might try searching over there.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
This is more of a pita job than I thought it was going to be when I replaced mine. Some wire and a lot of patience.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: