Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1991 964 c4 4wd

Hello All,

I just purchase my 964 C4 and Iím new for the 4WD system, and I just replace the brake hydraulic pump with all related relays.

I just drive my car and I feel that there is some minor vibration which gos and comes back and orange lights which also gos and comes back from the 4WD switch attached the photo!!!

What dos that means ? And who dos the switch works turning it right and left ?

Old 11-23-2019, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The switch locks the car into 4 wheel drive for situations like getting out of mud or snow. Not to be used at higher speed. Need more information about your problem, like which lights? What kind of , vibration,from where?
Old 11-24-2019, 01:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
The switch locks the car into 4 wheel drive for situations like getting out of mud or snow. Not to be used at higher speed. Need more information about your problem, like which lights? What kind of , vibration,from where?
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLAY

Please find attached the photo,

/Users/fahadalnaim/Desktop/IMG_5052.jpg
Old 11-24-2019, 02:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
If the orange light in the picture comes on occasionally when you are driving it just means that the all wheel drive "traction control system" is working correctly.
If it is on permanently it mean the system diff locking is activated. When it is on the steering will feel hard and there will be slight vibrations in the steering when tidning.
If you turn the nob it should turn off, light going off.
It should also turn off automatically at 20 miles per hour.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks allot for the information.

My best regards

Old 11-25-2019, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: