Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Durametric transverse and longitudinal solenoid bleeding.

This topic has been brought up many times on the internet. Unfortunately there are no conclusive answers. I would appreciate if you only answer the thread if you have first hand experience bleeding the transverse and longitudinal slave lock with the durametric tool.

I am trying to bleed both slave lock cylinders but am having issues. Attached is the picture of the durametric options. It says brake bleeding which I am assuming is wrong and is supposed to be the longitudinal lock or I am in aware of what this function does. I use the motive pressure bleeder to do the rest of the brake bleeding components. Then it says transverse lock which I am assuming is supposed to be the transverse lock.

From the Adrian streather porsche 911 enthusiasts companion it says using a Bosch hammer you open the bleeder on the slave cylinder lock, then activate it through the hammer, it should pump out about 250ml and itís done. Then repeat on the second lock.

I tried this.

I cracked the bleeder on the transverse lock and activated it on the durametric and got one squirt of fluid. I then tried activating the brake bleed button as I was unsure what it did and I could here the solenoid clicking in the front trunk and I was getting squirts of fluid coming out of the transverse lock.

Maybe I am supposed to do this with the pressure bleeder on? I am assuming it is supposed to be a steady stream. Itís hard to tell if there is air in the system when itís pulsing out fluid. But maybe thatís how itís supposed to be.

If anyone has done this on the durametric version 6 and got it to work please let me know what the sequence was and what they are talking about when they say brake bleeding.

As Iím writing this I am wondering if the dual solenoid block is plugged in backwards. Iím not sure if that is possible. I will have to check tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 01-23-2020, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Itís been several years since I rebuilt my slaves, but I didnít use any fancy tools, I believe I just activated the lock switch, similar to pressing the brake pedal. On, open, close, off switch, repeat. Been trouble free for years.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: