Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to SkydiveC2
993 Factory Changer Location

Hi Folks,

I picked up a '95 C2 not long ago, as a spare, and I'm really enjoying it. My other two cars are an '01 Audi S4 Avant with far too much work into it to drive every day, and a '91 Syclone, which is something that simply can't be driven every day. Both are AWD, 11 second cars, but neither of them handle like this little Porsche does. I'm really enjoying this car! (I purposely avoided turbos while I was shopping because I have a propensity to "turn things up!")

Anyway, I like stock cosmetics and ergonomics in all my cars. I kept the stock head unit, and I've purchased a compatable CD changer to go with the stock deck. (It's a '95 so I've cot the cassette equipped Alpine rather than the Becker.) I'd like to put the changer in its factory location, but I don't seem to be able to figure out where it would go, if it came from Stuttgart.

Can someone help me out?

My only other mods will be wheels, keyless entry, and purhaps a factory aerokit.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
You might want to look at a 964 with a factory-mount CD changer, as I believe it was the same system as the '95 993s.

Here is a DIY 993 cd- changer install, but is for the Becker units: http://p-car.com/diy/cdchanger/ . I am not sure what the differences may be between the Becker and Alpine based mounts. ( i am no where near my shop manuals)

Considering where you live- great roads nearby- I think you might want to add an upgraded suspension to the top of your future-mod list. The original Monroe based shocks/struts do not have a long life or great performance.

Good luck,

max

1997 Carrera S
Old 06-06-2005, 08:45 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Just a thought:

I hated the changer in the trunk. It's such a PITA. So I moved it and installed the alpine changer in the drivers side door pocket. It fits, but barely. If you can live with the CD skipping when you shut the door (infrequent) it is a pretty sweet setup.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:36 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: