Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to scarsgo
Porsche Crest 1991 Porsche 911 C2 - dash lights not working

Hi everyone,

I am trying to help my father with an interior lighting issue on his 1991 911 C2.

Last fall just before being put away for winter storage he was driving it and his instrument cluster backlighting went out. He thought it was related to the rheostat so he ordered one and installed it. No such luck.

The car went into storage over the winter and recently came out and is in the shop for the 60k service. Everything is done now except for the dash light issue which we can't seem to figure out. I ordered and installed a brightness control module (relay... 964 618 103 00) thinking it was the next logical step. Again, no dice.

My mechanic friend called a few minutes ago saying that he believes there may be a short to ground in the wire(s) leading to the cluster... I believe it is the blue and grey wire.

Has anyone else out there encountered a similar problem? If so, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darin

'93 Audi S4 full //RS2 Spec
'88 Porsche 928 S4 (another story)
'86 Merkur XR4ti (stop laughing... no really)

editor *AT* s-cars.org
Old 04-24-2007, 09:53 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Old 04-24-2007, 09:53 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: