Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

964 clutch pedal what is the adjustment screw on the spring for

i have had to weld my brake,clutch pedal bracket as it cracked due to the tension of the clutch, on the clutch pedal assembly there seems to be a learge spring which i presume gives the tension on the clutch pedal, there is also an adjustment screw directly attached to the spring, what is this screw for can it decrease the tension on the clutch pedal therefore making the clutch lighter
Old 09-06-2008, 04:04 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Hey 911-2,

I had the same question and learned that the return spring only insures that the pedal returns all the way back up to the return stop. Of course the spring in the clutch pressure plate would return the pedal, so there is no real good reason to even have this spring. It's like an extra maxi-pad to be sure!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:09 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

after welding my bracket and not disturbing anything else the clutch pedal now sits lower than the brake pedal, dont want to be driving with the clutch not fully released, would adjusting the screw bring the pedal further up so its in line with the brake pedal
Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
That spring there and the adjustment screw does 2 things: when initially pushing down the clutch pedal, the spring helps in making the clutch feel lighter, at the second half of travel the spring helps the clutch comes back up from its bottom position. The factory spec calls for 6mm (i think) of the hex screw to be sticking out. I have adjusted this screw in and out to get the clutch pedal feel I like.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:55 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Old 09-10-2008, 06:55 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: