Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hello everyone - 993 cabriolet

Hi,
I am from Brunei and just bought a 1994 993, 3.6L cabriolet, tiptronic. It's such a wounderfull piece of machine.
I need all the advise you have out there.
Thank you.

Last edited by seria; 02-07-2009 at 12:04 AM..
Old 02-04-2009, 04:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seria View Post
Hi,
I am from Brunei and just bought a 1994 993, 3.6L cabriolet, tiptronic. It's such a wounderfull piece of machine.
I need all the advise you have out there.
Thank you.

Welcome. Lot's of good information here.
2013 BMW X3 35i
2003 BMW M5
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Manassas, VA

Garage
Seria,
Welcome to the family. We need to see some pictures. It helps us to relate to you and your P-car.

Mark
Old 02-05-2009, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Welcome!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

993 carbriolet

Here is my 993. Today I managed to do some work on the car. However need to do a lot of work.

Last edited by seria; 02-06-2009 at 11:19 PM..
Old 02-06-2009, 11:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Both seat cannot move forward and backward. Up and down is ok. Take both seat out and found the plastic gear, guide bush, were broken.

Broken plastic from the seat rail.

Seat rail showing guide bush was gone.

Seat plastic gear was broken
Old 02-06-2009, 11:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

993 carbriolet

One of the seat flexible shaft plastic cover was gone. I think this was repair in the past.

Bottom rear left canvas was broken
Old 02-06-2009, 11:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

993 carbriolet

Next I found out I have a mobile swimming pool. Took all the carpet out. Both front and rear were into pieces

Broken wet carpet

See amount of water from the carpet.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

993 carbriolet

The meter is only 1800 km. Search the forum, it's the gear.

Here is the broken gear.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

993 carbriolet

Hi there,
After all that, I need parts. Where is the best place for parts? I will need
- meter gear,
- carpet with sound proof materials,
- plastic gears for the seat and flexible shaft plastic cover,
- canvas top,
- hood and trunk shocks,
- tail light,
- one 12 point 10mm allen wrench,
- Fan belt,
- alternator belt,
- A/c belt,

Since all carpet are out, what else do I need to look out for. Once I get the 12 point 10mm allen wrench, will open up the alterntor and fan shroud because the fan is rubbing against the housing.

Will need all your advise.
Thank you.
Regards.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Welcome, you sure found some problems! Search the net - obviously a P dealer, or Pelican. I found used stuff on ebay for my car - but be sure it is in good shape before buying. I take it you are located in Europe?

dave carrera 4
Old 02-07-2009, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I was unsure of where Brunei is located.
From the photos from your tourism agency, your country is beautiful!
Check out this site, the pictures are wonderful.
http://www.tourismbrunei.com/
Welcome to the forum!
And a bunch of parts I haven't installed yet.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

993 carbriolet

Thank you. Will look through Pelican.
Brunei is located north of Borneo.
Regards.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

993 carbriolet

I have done many search and could not find the parts for the seat plastic bush, where it was install in the rail. Has anybody did a repair of this type? Does anybody has a picture of how the plastic bush looks like? Mine was gone into pieces when I take out the seat, therefore could not figure out how it looks like and how many per rail.

Convertible top - also did many search and could not find how to dismantle and fix a new hood.

Appreciate all the help out there.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Manassas, VA

Garage
Seria,
You may find that these are Recaro parts and not Porsche parts. If this is the case, it would be easier to find a car with a similar seat that has been sold to a car dismantler, or Porsche repair and parts house.

Mark
Old 02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Oh man you really inherited a bunch of problems. How is the justice system in Brunei?

There is a company here in the states that deals specifically with odometer gears here is the link www.odometergears.com. Obviously you are going to have to find out where the leak is before putting it back together. Good Luck
2005 Mercedes S550 RENNtech
1996 Porsche 993 Cabriolet
Old 02-14-2009, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Hi Seria,

It looks in similar shape to a water damaged 993 Cab I bought in Hong Kong last year, except mine is manual. It looks like you're doing a through revamp though, so you should be able to sort most of the issues. Are you doing the work yourself?

For parts sourcing and mechanical help, I would suggest you contact Andy Tatlow of Flat Six Road & Race Engineering based here in Singapore. Andy used to work in Brunei and is familiar with getting parts into the country.

Phone: +65 6458 1911

I had the gauges in my 964 refurbished by North Hollywood Speedometer (www.nhspeedometer.com) in case you don't feel like tackling the problem yourself. They will rebuild them like new.

The carpets in my 964 looked exactly like that when we started stripping her down. It's probably a combination of water seepage, and the factory adhesive not drying out due to our weather conditions. It'll be pretty expensive to get the factory stuff in, if it is even available. Why not go with something like Dynamat, and place a layer of new carpet over it?

Good luck!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMdriver View Post
Oh man you really inherited a bunch of problems. How is the justice system in Brunei?

There is a company here in the states that deals specifically with odometer gears here is the link www.odometergears.com. Obviously you are going to have to find out where the leak is before putting it back together. Good Luck
Thank you. Yes, I purchase the plastic gears from this company. Their respond is super fast. I should be getting those gears soon.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsleeper View Post
Hi Seria,

It looks in similar shape to a water damaged 993 Cab I bought in Hong Kong last year, except mine is manual. It looks like you're doing a through revamp though, so you should be able to sort most of the issues. Are you doing the work yourself?

For parts sourcing and mechanical help, I would suggest you contact Andy Tatlow of Flat Six Road & Race Engineering based here in Singapore. Andy used to work in Brunei and is familiar with getting parts into the country.

Phone: +65 6458 1911

I had the gauges in my 964 refurbished by North Hollywood Speedometer (www.nhspeedometer.com) in case you don't feel like tackling the problem yourself. They will rebuild them like new.

The carpets in my 964 looked exactly like that when we started stripping her down. It's probably a combination of water seepage, and the factory adhesive not drying out due to our weather conditions. It'll be pretty expensive to get the factory stuff in, if it is even available. Why not go with something like Dynamat, and place a layer of new carpet over it?

Good luck!

Yes, I am doing the work myself.
Thanks for the website for parts. Will certainly contact them in the near future.
For sound deadening stuff, I purchase them from second skin.
Thank you for all the pointers.
Regards.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

any idea is i can find a donor 993 in Brunei ?
Old 06-14-2014, 12:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: