Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
964 RS / 964 RSR wide body aero body development story

This is a story for developing new aero body part set for racing and street use, I think it would be useless to update in two different sections, so if you are intersted, you can follow it in the link:

930 - 965 - 964 RSR front bumper & sideskirts

Stay tuned

A photoshopped image of our aims to reach, more pics of the production and development in the link enclosed here.

Last edited by petri; 04-13-2009 at 09:53 AM..
Old 04-13-2009, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Our goal is to try to do a distinquished traditional-like solution for 911 body with modern aerodynamics: unfortunately most of the legendary 70ies and 80ies forms were made not too much with respect for the very defined shapes of 911, even if we all love those historical muscular rebel forms as a statement. This development is no way any kind of criticism towards that great history but rather up to date continuation to create solution to use still very competitive 911 solutions with old body. If you only watch carefully the forms of the doors, they do shape in very gentle 3d-combound shapes. 80ies rational angular forms were ruling both racing design (practical, fast, and does its job as a aerodynamical border between airflow outside of the car versus airflow under the car. As well as designwise Testarossa was a design icon of its time to be copied to any car (even if I like Testa Rossa as a piece of an item) and never so succesfully especially with Porsche bodies (major accidents happened with 928s, which I have only 3 in my garage, thank god not with testarossa-like bodies ).
Now when we all know the dilemmas with the 911 body (after 54 years of time to study it) and now when major body aftermarket companies have escaped to work with 996 and 997 models, and you still can get excellent replicas of any historical 911 body, I still want to push out my thoughts (I've been thinking 20 years with my Porsches, but didn't have then option to work it through) to create both for 911 wide body and 928 wide body solutions for racing and club racing purposes under very strict and car form respecting manner. Green Strosek 911 RUF already modified with Vittorio Strosek to modify for real racing gave me some confidensce to go directly to 930 and 928 body. I will publish here the steps of my development process towards the solution of mine.

Pics you can follow in the link above...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
TO sort of complete this thread I did start also, here is some update: This wide body aero project is getting to an end during this season... This is last season stage:

This story goes ahead here:
Strosek 911 RUF finally back and kicking! as I build these cars sort of together, so I keep updating only one thread with my oldtimer 911 projects.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: