Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porsche Wheels

Porsche Crest New Mesh wheels for the 993/964!!! 18" step-lip PHOTOS

Give me your feedback please....

We are bringing in our own wheel line this year and will introduce two new designs minded towards the early Porsche customers that most other wheel manufactures have lost sight of.

We are in the final development stage of introducing the new 18x8.5 & 18x9.5 Porsche direct application for the early 993/964/928/944 and even the early 911 cars.

The wheels are scheduled to hit the US shores sometime around June 2012, and so I'm looking for a few of you who might be interested in sharing your vehicle for a fitment or who might be in the market for a set.

Let me know what you think about the design. Sorry I know the photos are a bit raw.

Thank you for your feedback!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:59 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
"Realistic 3 Piece design"? Meaning it is a cast 1 piece made to look like the BBS LM? Are the rivets plastic as well?
I am sorry, but I don't see the 911 owners getting too excited about a fake.

-Now if there was a forged lightweight clone created of the RUF rim in a 18" application, you would sell a TON.

Curious also why nodody has created a genuine multi piece rim that clones the (now impossible to find) Speedline RS and Daytona. Same barells, different centers. But lightweight and strong are key to sucess.
(Just my 2 cents)
Old 03-22-2012, 04:59 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

To Sicko's point, are these real 3pcs. wheels or faux? What is the country of origin and what is the manufacturing process?

If the answer is made in USA, Germany or Japan and true 3pc with forged centers and spare rim halves readily available for replacement, then I'm interested.

Cheers, James
1972 911E
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Porsche Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident Sicko View Post
"Realistic 3 Piece design"? Meaning it is a cast 1 piece made to look like the BBS LM? Are the rivets plastic as well?
I am sorry, but I don't see the 911 owners getting too excited about a fake.

-Now if there was a forged lightweight clone created of the RUF rim in a 18" application, you would sell a TON.

Curious also why nodody has created a genuine multi piece rim that clones the (now impossible to find) Speedline RS and Daytona. Same barells, different centers. But lightweight and strong are key to sucess.
(Just my 2 cents)
Thanks for your input,

We've been what I would describe as middle-market company meaning that we are not trying to offer $4,000 sets and not cheap $500 you see on ebay. The wheels are constructed using a low-pressure cast design which allows the weight of the wheels to be reduced and a stronger wheel in the end.

The BBS LM style is that of a flat face design so these on not a replication of those wheels. Most manufactures are afraid of bringing in wheels for early cars (especially Porsche with a narrow market), they are after 19"+ right now.

We are going to be offering these wheels at around $1499 which is less than 1/2 the cost of a three piece wheel.

Once again thanks for your input, I just think the market is much much narrower when you add in the cost of $4,000+ for a set of 18" wheels on early Porsche cars.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:28 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Porsche Wheels

I did want to add that "IF" there were others interested and willing to pay to play for true three piece wheels manufactured in the USA with forged centers I would be willing to get into production. I would need to have a minimum number of orders in order to get wheels like this into production.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:52 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Do you guys have a price in mind?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:31 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

What offsets will be available and in what widths?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redturbo911 View Post
Do you guys have a price in mind?
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
from one post above

"We are going to be offering these wheels at around $1499 which is less than 1/2 the cost of a three piece wheel"

I think the wheels look pretty nice for the price point, but then I'm a sucker for "BBS mesh-style" wheels.

good luck
09 2S Nordic Gold over Cocoa, my sweetie's car
and lots of bicycles

Last edited by cgfen; 03-23-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Old 03-23-2012, 08:29 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Porsche Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgfen View Post
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
from one post above

We are going to be offering these wheels at around $1499 which is less than 1/2 the cost of a three piece wheel
Thanks...

Vandit, we are going to run 18x8.5 front (et. 45) and 18x9.5 rear (et. 46-49) we are still working on the best fit for clearances etc.

We are having these wheels manufactured in Taiwan, the quality standards are much higher and the quality will be much better than those wheels coming from other far East locations.

Thank you for your feedback and questions, this does help.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:01 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
These wheels look very nice but then again stengh and weight are also a must. I like the wheels and would be interested to have as an alternative to my Allegerita (OZ) but I swing slightly towards a set of Veloce, which really look old school Porsche.

As other said, you would mostly attract more viewers if they were RUF clones lightweight. I dont think people necessarely want the 3 piece wheel, but rather a great construction at decent weight.

My 2 cent.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:15 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Porsche Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZR500 View Post
These wheels look very nice but then again stengh and weight are also a must. I like the wheels and would be interested to have as an alternative to my Allegerita (OZ) but I swing slightly towards a set of Veloce, which really look old school Porsche.

As other said, you would mostly attract more viewers if they were RUF clones lightweight. I dont think people necessarely want the 3 piece wheel, but rather a great construction at decent weight.

My 2 cent.
I hear what you are saying and I do agree a light weight wheel would be good but on the other hand I think it would narrow the market down to those willing to spend the kind of money to buy forged wheels. Sure there are many owners who sport the forged wheels but I'd say a large percentage of those who do purchased them used and so the market for those wheels new purchases would be a bit narrow.

Example: For our late model customers we've offered the 808-Series wheels and have sold tons of them at $1599, we were then told by a few of our customers that we should bring these in as a forged wheel. Well then we did, price point was set at around $4,200 (Actually less profit per sale on the $4,200 when compared to the 808-Series)... We do get interest on the forged wheels but we don't sell them.

We just don't want to sit on an inventory of wheels we can't sell due to the high price point.

We have no interest in making a "copy" of RUF wheels.

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 03-26-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: