Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
993 idle adjust

I have a 95 993 that surges on idle - mostly when cold. Is idle adjust mechanical or electronic. If mechanical where is the screw. I'm old and don't see well.
Thanks in advance.
EPS
Superb 1995 993 C2, 86' Carrera 3.6 hot rod, Purple 1998 993 that didn't make the cut, 3 very old 930s, A/FD CH3NO2 (R.I.P.), TAD, AA/AA, 360 Maxim wingless, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Amateur Welder, Painter and sculptor sort of. -
Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Ari

I don't know how much change occurred for the 993, but my 964 was surging on idle, although mostly when hot. I don't believe there are any mechanical idle adjustments to be made on the aircooled 3.6 cars.

If it helps you any, my final diagnosis was having added too much oil at my last change, which fouled the idle stability valve, airflow meter, and/or throttle body sufficiently to make the car not idle well. I removed about a half-quart of oil the hard way, cleaned as much of the intake as I could reach (without removing the throttle body from the car) with throttle body cleaner (although I used carburetor cleaner on the ISV), and when I put it back together I had no more idle gremlins. If that hadn't worked, the next likely culprits were cylinder head temperature sensors, the O2 sensor, and after that the ignition system. I had already eliminated the fuel filter as a culprit by replacing it.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: