Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

964 Clockwork

Well, it looks like I may have a clock issue in my 964. I now have a seatbelt and airbag light on. I have read the issue is probably the clock. The bigger issue I have is Porsche wants over $800 for a replacement for a new unit. I was planning on taking the clock to North Hollywood Speedo. Does anyone have any recommendations on any shops eat of Los Angeles, I live in Rancho Cucamonga.
Thanks for the bandwidth,
Cesar
Old 12-08-2017, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You can try to ship it up to Palo Alto Speedometer in NorCal. Turnaround is pretty fast.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I am using these guys.

Seattle Speedometer | Gauge Repair and Restoration
Old 12-08-2017, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Have you tried resetting the airbag code?
Old 12-11-2017, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I had some issues with my 964 a while ago... warning lights and such... turns out the solder joints on the back were dry and cracked.. almost invisible to the human eye...

The fix was to resolder the joints.. maybe try this before sending it off... you never know.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
phatnin11. Any news on the repair?
Old 12-14-2017, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Settergren View Post
phatnin11. Any news on the repair?
Well it looks like the fuses were removed while the new Cab top was being installed. Long story short, I think the top shop caused the issue. Right now I'm tied up with Christmas n' such, so I'll be looking for a Bosch Hammer or a Durametric tool to reset the codes.
Thank you to all that responded,
Phatnine11
Old 12-16-2017, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: