Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Thanks Len,

I opened fitting #15 and put the air to it and there was still some fuel in the line so that's great news. I was worried the lines would be full of dried up sludge.
The air blows clear without restriction so no blockages. When I get the pump installed I plan to run gas through the lines to flush them out without allowing the gas to return to the tank.

Of course when you go to fix one problem you usually find others on an old car like this, right?
While accessing fitting #15 I noticed that the crank sensor male connector had crumbled to bits and the CHT sensor was also in a bad state. I have done a ton of research on this common problem and have ordered some connectors that I hope will fit. The sensors are probably fine and I don't want to do the teardown needed in order to replace them when I can just install a new connector.

Today marked the first day since the car arrived a month ago, that I actually got to install some new parts, like the in-tank fuel filter, rubber fuel hoses on bottom of tank, and new hood shocks.
After a month of taking things apart and waiting for parts to arrive it felt great to reach the assembly stage.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

Anything new to report?
Old 06-04-2018, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
I have not worked on the car for a month or so, so not too much to report. I did get the fuel circuit completely flushed and working. Fuel now flows from tank to engine and back to tank just like it is supposed to. I have not pulled the injectors and am hoping I don't have to.

The parts have arrived for my crank sensor plug rebuild and it looks like everything will fit. When I know it all fits I will provide details in another post. FYI, as a backup I ordered a new crank sensor with the old style plug but the vendor sent the new style. So be warned and make a phone call first if you are looking for a sensor with the old style plug. It seems that some vendors will substitute without even asking and I really don't want to cut into my wiring harness and deal with sensor wires that are too short to use the factory wire routing. My goal is to keep the car as original as possible so I am sticking with the old style plugs on all my sensors.

Once the sensor plugs are fixed I could attempt to fire it up, but I probably should at least check the valve clearance while I have so many parts already out of the way. From what I have read, this can be somewhat challenging and requires removing a lot more parts. Sigh. I should be able to get back to working on the car soon and will have more updates. Thanks for asking!
Old 06-06-2018, 04:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Thanks for the update, look forward to following your progress.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

964 are fun to work on ..lol
good luck and valve adjust is easy and a total MUST for the 3.6 engine...
hard to kill it.. the smoking leaks is why are are usually parked..
Old 06-14-2018, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: