Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1990-1993 964 Carrera Cup race car

I'm trying to gather as much information I can on the first gen Carrera Cup race cars. Yet again, I've been lead to this forum and it's good depth of knowledge. I was once a member a very long time ago.

I work as a physics developer for a race simulator software company and we're looking at the possibility of developing a (simulated) 964 Carrera Cup for a customer. I'm in the early stages of gathering information. Anything I can collate at this stage is useful. Below is what I've gathered:

Quote:
265ps
1st & 2nd gear longer
G50/10 gearbox
3600 cc
11.8:1 cr
40/40 diff
springs 4x as stiff as standard
ABS
anti-roll bars 24mm front, 18mm rear
ride height 55mm lower than standard
camber -3* front and rear, but adjustable
wheels 17"
8 inch front, 9.5 inch rear
Brakes from 1991 turbo
1120kg without fuel

cd: 0.32
FAs: 1.79m^2
CD X s = 0.57m^2
Lift: negligible
I'd really like to know anything in addition to the above. Any dimensions, weights or measurements would be ideal. For example, weight distribution, brake disc sizes, caliper types, master cylinder diameters, etc etc. I'm not even sure of the wheelbase. Is there a workshop manual that I could be pointed to? Or does anybody on this forum own one of the cars?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
Old 02-02-2018, 03:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Try Rennlist...
Old 02-09-2018, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
big boost connection

Hey Alex,

most Sspec depends on year.

If you have detailed questions, i can help.

The later cars from 92" are not so far from Euro Spec RS.

Special Suspension with monoballs all around and Special springs and Shocks also top Mounts.

Regards
Old 02-12-2018, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHs3 View Post
I'm trying to gather as much information I can on the first gen Carrera Cup race cars. Yet again, I've been lead to this forum and it's good depth of knowledge. I was once a member a very long time ago.

I work as a physics developer for a race simulator software company and we're looking at the possibility of developing a (simulated) 964 Carrera Cup for a customer. I'm in the early stages of gathering information. Anything I can collate at this stage is useful. Below is what I've gathered:

I'd really like to know anything in addition to the above. Any dimensions, weights or measurements would be ideal. For example, weight distribution, brake disc sizes, caliper types, master cylinder diameters, etc etc. I'm not even sure of the wheelbase. Is there a workshop manual that I could be pointed to? Or does anybody on this forum own one of the cars?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
From a video game perspective - it's basically a Carrera 2 louder and "more reactive".
Brakes are the same - there are extra welding points on the chassis and a free flowing exhaust.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thank you very much for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfisch View Post
Hey Alex,

most Sspec depends on year.

If you have detailed questions, i can help.

The later cars from 92" are not so far from Euro Spec RS.

Special Suspension with monoballs all around and Special springs and Shocks also top Mounts.

Regards
Thanks for your offer. Would you be able to tell me any of the following:

What's the typical weight distribution front/rear? Even for the road car would be useful.

What spring rates and/or wheel rates are?

Thanks,

Alex
Old 02-18-2018, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHs3 View Post
Thank you very much for your replies.

Thanks for your offer. Would you be able to tell me any of the following:

What's the typical weight distribution front/rear? Even for the road car would be useful.

What spring rates and/or wheel rates are?

Thanks,

Alex
For a Cup typical corner weights are
505 500
787 782
total 2574
that's w/ 150#driver, unknown fuel load, probably close to empty as it was post race

street C2
571 609
922 910
3012 w/ 180# driver and light fuel load

street spring rates lb/in are, wheel rates unknown but I would love to see that info
C2&4 '89-91 158f/189r
C2&4 '92-94 169f/189r
M030 150-200f/225-275r
RS 250-308f/375-508r
Cup200-600f/240-800r
Old 02-18-2018, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

hi dear Try Rennlist
Old 02-22-2018, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
big boost connection

If there a specialized questions, i will try to help. I have several Cup cars in Service and restored some of them to factory spec. there will come up one for sale from 91" with LeMans and 24h Hours Daytona history.

Regards
Old 02-25-2018, 02:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: