Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fuel rail fittings

Does anyone know what the fuel line fitting is on the fuel rail of a 964 3.6 naturally assperated. I think itís an AN-6 but I am not positive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

There arenít any -an fittings. It will be a typical metric thread. I believe the fuel rail test port is M12x1.5. Same as the 3.2. Whatís the project?
Old 02-13-2018, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickd View Post
There arenít any -an fittings. It will be a typical metric thread. I believe the fuel rail test port is M12x1.5. Same as the 3.2. Whatís the project?

I installed a megasquirt engine managment in my 964. I want to make up a fuel line with a port to instal an electronic fuel pressure sensor to hook up to my megasquirt( it will make my fuel calculation even more accurate). I was to lazy to unhook my fuel rail and thought someone may no the answer so I can get the correct fittings before I have to take everything apart. Iím not looking for the fuel rail test port. I need to know the high pressure hose fitting to the fuel rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-13-2018, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
No expert, but wouldnt the test port give you the reading you are looking for? Dont think there is anywhere else you could tap in easily without some modifications as per a wet N2O installation for example.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

The Fittings to the Fuel Rails on the 964 and 993 motors are M16x1.5 for the Feed and for the Return.......

although the hose layout (routing) is different between them. This is a 964 motor installed in a 82 911SC using my Adapters to M14x1.5 & Custom Hose.

Anything Porsche will be Metric unless someone has added an aftermarket component. Those are most often AN-6.

Len

Last edited by BoxsterGT; 02-24-2018 at 09:04 AM..
Old 02-24-2018, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

As Paperboy says, the Test Port will give you the readings you need and I have the Fitting (yes it's M12x1.5).........

....if you need it.

Len

Old 02-24-2018, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

yeah high pressure hose fitting to the fuel rail.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: