Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

michelin is the best
Old 02-23-2018, 03:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
On 911's, I have had BF Goodrich G-force sports, Dunlops, Sumitumos, Yokohamas, Pirellis, Bridgestones....and best so far has been the Michelin Super Sports. Both the BF's and the Sumi's offered really good performance for the dollar but Michelin SS has been the "hands down" best tire of the bunch. Smaller sizes are being eliminatied by all manufacturers.....all the time, so you have to look at what is available at a given time. Unfortunately Michelin appears to be one of the worst companies in supporting smaller sizes though. Cheers
Old 02-23-2018, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
16" performance tire availability

It has been noted that it is getting harder and harder to find 16" performance tires. For many reasons, I wish to stay with the original 16" wheels that came on my C4. It occurred to me that there may be others who are also in search of 16" tires to fit their OEM wheels, so with that in mind I am going to try to post here, my research to date.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

i put riken raptors on my daily subaru wrx and my sons jetta

they are a good value tire... riken is a japanese company and these tires are made in their plant in indonesia... ride is quiet, grip is decent for sporty sensible road driving. they are on the heavier side as tires go, 2-3 lbs per corner more than the lighter tires in the class - usually michelins or contis (17 in dia)

based on your list i would go michelins if you want to go premium, i would go riken without fear if you want highest value/lowest cost - in the middle range i would not hesitate to do direzzas, conti, indys or bfg - they are all solid sporty quality tires
Old 04-03-2018, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutintib View Post
i put riken raptors on my daily subaru wrx and my sons jetta
Thanks for weighing in on the Riken Raptors. I read a lot of good reviews on them but could not source them locally so I went with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. I have not had a chance to try them out yet, but will post back here when I do.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
tires and rims