Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Brake/Clutch Slave/ABS/ABD System Bleed

It was time for a brake & clutch slave bleed, so I thought I would conduct an experiment using the PIWIS (KTS650), I recently purchased...I bled the braking and clutch slave systems in a typical fashion using a Motive Power Bleeder, bleeding an additional pint of fresh fluid through the system.

Subsequently, I hooked up the PIWIS, under the subheading of ABS/ABD, and used the "bleed" command 3 times, and then went back under the car and re-bled the clutch slave...

Back in 2013, I bled the brakes and clutch slave with my last can of ATE, super blue; and have since bled the system twice with the golden colored, ATE 200...

I wish I would have taken a photo of the bleed results after exercising the bleed command of the ABS/ABD system with the PIWIS, because the blue/black fluid that bled through the clutch slave system, was a fugly sight to behold!

To the SoCal Pelican community, or any out-of-staters, who happened to be in the SoCal area, I am offering, for a very reasonable fee, ($40), (to help offset a very expensive, Porsche specific diagnostic tool), to bleed your ABS/ABD system, if you are soon going to be bleeding your brakes.

The service I am offering is only to bleed the ABS ABD system within the brake system, and does not include a brake or clutch slave bleed of the vehicle . (964/993/996...)

Anyone interested, can contact Paul via, nine9six@gmail.com
85 911 Factory Turbo-Look Targa (Gone)

Last edited by Nine9six; 06-06-2018 at 03:24 PM..
Old 06-06-2018, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
That is a deal!
Old 06-06-2018, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the support, Al !
85 911 Factory Turbo-Look Targa (Gone)
Old 06-26-2018, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: