Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Considering a used 991

As noted in the title, I'm thinking of purchasing a used 991, thinking non S version. I don't have a particular preference between 2 and AWD and similarly don't have a Auto vs. Manual preference--generically lean toward manual.

I've got an 84 Carrera that I've had for 15 years, do most of the work on it myself and I'll be keeping it but there's really no similarities so I'm wondering what options are must haves and which are more ideal.

I know this is pretty broad but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance for all input.

Karl
Old 06-29-2018, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
If it comes manual. Get it. Nothing else matters. #selfdrivingcarssuck
Old 07-12-2018, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I would definitely echo that you should find yourself a good example of a manual. Non S or S ... both are good but if you're going for a .1 generation (NA engine), I would go for the S. If you're interested in the .2 generation (Turbo engine), the Base will be notably quicker than the .1S... something to think about.

Otherwise, you will find yourself drowning in options once you really get into it. You can research build sheets of various cars via vinanalytics.com in order to get a better idea of what the car comes equipped with. Let us know if you have any questions about certain options, etc.
Porsche Build Sheets: https://vinanalytics.com
Old 07-12-2018, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

There hundreds of different options and combinations available. Use tools available to research different build sheets so you can get an idea of what youd like. WRT to models, Id say 991.1S or 991.2Base (preference is the 991.2)
Porsche Build Sheets: https://vinanalytics.com

Last edited by k997; 07-13-2018 at 04:51 AM..
Old 07-12-2018, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

These are all great pointers, thank you guys.
Karl
Old 07-13-2018, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: